OT: A political thread for those on the other side of the pond...

• Members

I hate Liam Fox and IDS.... those 2 bother me more than anything.

There are areas of Fox's agenda I don't like but we need someone who is forthright on defence in terms of cutting down the waste. I have many friends in the MoD and live in a pretty MoD strong area. You would be staggered at the financial waste that goes on. We've suffered with a range of dickheads as Defence Secretary. Having a tough man like Fox might be a very good thing for the sector that needs some of the wishy-washy bull{censored} knocked out of it. He's a one-issue man. He'd be useless on education or health for instance but defence is something he is knowledgeable about. He offers a lot more than the like of Bob Ainsworth of Geoff bloody Hoon ever did.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully he sees that fancy {censored} like even more eurofighters and trident II are a waste of time for the war being fought now

buy whats needs to protect the lads on the ground,and minimise loss now

the mod seriously need to learn to ignore what British Aerospace flash about in there fancy power-point presentations while they take you,your aides,your secretary,the wife,the kids & Timmy the family Dog on yet another Skiing Junket :cop:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

read an interesting article in work the other day..

basically the head of RBS wants to get the {censored} away from government control asap. wanting to sell off government owned shares as early as next year.. the RBS line is 'we need to get back to standalone strength'

what it translates to me is, "Fuuuuck.. the new gonvernement is going to wring people dry with tax rises, and benefit cuts, and the media are going to create a {censored}stom when they capitalise on the 'the bankers got us into this {censored}' line. The populous will create a huge hatred for 'bankers' and politicians will react to the {censored}storm by forcing us to split the group into pieces and lose us all that power and potential for those

• Members
read an interesting article in work the other day..

basically the head of RBS wants to get the {censored} away from government control asap. wanting to sell off government owned shares as early as next year.. the RBS line is 'we need to get back to standalone strength'

what it translates to me is, "Fuuuuck.. the new gonvernement is going to wring people dry with tax rises, and benefit cuts, and the media are going to create a {censored}stom when they capitalise on the 'the bankers got us into this {censored}' line. The populous will create a huge hatred for 'bankers' and politicians will react to the {censored}storm by forcing us to split the group into pieces and lose us all that power and potential for those

• Members

Your comedy, it does nothing!

not comedy.

For some reason I got banned for posting this last year.

I was told it was 'political'

I just wanted to be able to post this 'political' clip without getting banned.

I apologize for using this most serious thread for my own selfish, needy needs.

carry on

(but your right my humor does suck, and thats probably the real reason i was banned)

Archived