Do You Like Metal?

Naterel

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i like metal, my music taste is extremely different, i mean i like everything tbh.

some awesome metal bands in my eyes are - Machine Head, as i lay dying, chimaira, early fear factory stuff, five finger death punch, rammstein, slipknot, system of a down, twelve tribes, 36 crazyfists

i know most of the people on here dont like metal, but i do, and i think its a good genre of music, some of it is utter {censored}e and horrificallly terrible, but i think that goes for all sorts of music right ?

• Members

Some names from my playlists on Spotify:

Animals As Leaders

At the Gates

Behemoth

Between the Buried & Me

Born Of Osiris

Chimaira

Devin Townsend

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Dream Theater

Helmet

Lamb Of God

Machine Head

Mastodon

Meshuggah

Monolith Deathcult

Nile

Obscura

Ocean

Opeth

Pantera

Paradise Lost

Reflux

Sepultura

Sikth

Textures

Vader

Xerath

• Members

I {censored}ing love metal. When I was a lad I saw Metallica, Megadeth, Motley Crue, The Cult (Electric era), AC/DC, Dio, The Four Horsemen etc. If it had humbuckers through blazing Marshalls I was in. Silverchair was a staple a little later until they kind of fell of the face of the earth with some mellow {censored}.

When I saw Dio a hotshot 18 year old guitarist named Vivian Campbell was playing for him. Yngvie Malmsteen opened up for Dio (back when he was skinny) and he was a pompous ass even back then, boring everyone to tears playing Paginnini's 9th (or whatever) at lightning speed for basically the whole set, and then coming out by himself to take a bow. As an encore little 5' tall Ronnie James came out and slayed an animatronic dragon with a jewel encrusted laser sword. Maximum {censored}ing m/ m/. Now that I think back it was pretty hokey. It was cool to my 14 year old eyes at the time though.

For heavier stuff lately I am more into the riffy Stoner type stuff - Sleep, Kyuss, Rollerball. I kind of like Airbourne but they are a bit of a ripoff of AC/DC back when they were relevent.

Archived