Happy New Ampeg Day

• Members

congrats on the new amp and new tires!

i had a tire come apart on me the other day; welcome to the new tires club.

Thanks, funny thing, I was taking my Musicman out to the car to drive 45 minutes to Boulder to sell it to that guy and I just happened to glance down at my rear tire as I was setting the amp down to put it in the back seat when I noticed the steel belts showing on the tire, and a significant gouge out of it as well. Someone was looking out for me yesterday.....blowouts are scary, hope the kids weren't in the car with you! :wave:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, funny thing, I was taking my Musicman out to the car to drive 45 minutes to Boulder to sell it to that guy and I just happened to glance down at my rear tire as I was setting the amp down to put it in the back seat when I noticed the steel belts showing on the tire, and a significant gouge out of it as well. Someone was looking out for me yesterday.....blowouts are scary, hope the kids weren't in the car with you!
:wave:

it was two sundays ago, my 9 year old was with me. we were on the freeway and the car was shaking like a mexican space shuttle, and i thought "oh, i need to get the tires balanced". thankfully it didn't come apart until we were in a residential area just after making a turn; so we were going pretty slow. less than a mile hike to church; i don't have a cell phone.

• Members

sweet. i got that amp too.

a tube switch took care of the trem clicks for me. i havent retubed it though, will do that when i got some more cash.

great amp. i think im gonna get yellowjackets for it though, for fun.

the footswitch is Ampeg AFP-2 if that helps your seach.

Its a two button momentary switch. i wonder if a boss fs-6u might also work. i imagine some of the 90's style two button fender switches may also work just fine, if they are the momentary type.

i think this amp is a great value on the used market, if you are after something with similar features and volume as like a Deluxe Reverb (or some other louder fender reverb type amp)

the trem is intense, i only put the depth on like 3 or 4 max.

i think i will go play it right now

• Members

just have to stick with the power tubes in it for the gig I guess, I threw some Tungsols in the preamp that sound beefy and smooth with OD....I'll hope for the best , and bring my Pathfinder as a back up. I've been playing this baby with my Firebird with a new set of strings all afternoon, girth, it has by the bucketload.....:cool:

Archived