Happy New Ampeg Day

• Members

So I finally sold my Musicman RD-50 today for more than I paid for it, which was nice because I had to put 4 new tires on my car this morning, ugh....

any way I found a sweet Ampeg SuperJet at the local Guitarcenter ( I never go there, but was searching the used gear online for just this amp) so I picked it up for $325 out the door. I am really happy with it, it is the EL34 version which sounds quite a bit like my Orange Rocker-30, nice and fat and mid-rangey! It has a deep reverb and Tremolo, which brings me to a question...the tremolo sounds amazing except when I have the intensity up past 2:00 it has a weird clipping going on....do you think it might just be a tube issue?

Well here are some pics I snapped ....

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

The Firebird sounds really good through this amp, the bridge pickup was always a bit shrill with the Musicman, now it is fat and sings nicely!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, I'm really hoping it is a tube issue, it sounds great on all settings, except when I put the intensity past 2:00, for a heavy chop. I guess if it isn't a tube it isn't a big deal, I have a Tremolo pedal. It didn't come with a footswitch, so I will have to keep my eyes peeled for one on evilbay....I'm assuming any 2 switch would work....

Thanks for the welcome to the Flight Crew....it feels good. I have a gig on Friday night, can't wait to giver her a run!

• Members

so what overdrive's are you guys using with your Ampegs? I have a Distortion III that sounds really good with single note lines, but a little undefined with chords, are there any secret pedals that mesh well with these amps?

Archived