Lookie what I found...

jhamnett

• Members

Which guitar do I bring to test... Strat, PRS, Jag HH, LP Special??

Yes!!!

Awesome deal man. A buddy of mine got an early 80's 800 2x12 combo (single channel) for $400.00 last year. That's $400.00 Canadian...

Good luck...

• Members

Bring the PRS, with the splitting options of the 5 way you can get a feel for both singles and buggies.

Yeah. Might bring the Strat tho since it has the 12 way switching system, for series/parallel... and the bridge is a BG S90. Either way, I get an idea for SC/HB in either one of those.

I really want to multiquote, but it's broken. Thanks guys! Pretty excited about giving this a go tonight... and, yes, Robo has one of these! Where is he, thought he'd comment by now...

• Members

sounds like that's the channel switcher model with verb......robo has the 4010, the single channel no verb version.....

Ahh, well, yes, this is the channel switcher with verb.

Any big tonal differences between the two? Anything I should be worried about?

• Members

Ahh, well, yes, this is the channel switcher with verb.

Any big tonal differences between the two? Anything I should be worried about?

not much....they can be more temperamental than the single channel models. but for $300? i would hit it ALL DAY LONG!

• Members

not much....they can be more temperamental than the single channel models. but for $300? i would hit it ALL DAY LONG!

OK, hitting. Plus, it's gonna replace my JTM-60... talk about temperamental amps...

Gotta put that blackface RCA 12AX7 in V1 when I bring it home!

• Members
:eekphil:

PS Since the guy is obviously crazy, you may as well see if he'll do a straight trade for your Champ 12.
:D

Tried, Phil. Dude needs cash like crazy, so no trades :(

UPDATE: got another text with his address. {censored} IS HAPPENING FOR REAL!

Archived