USA 2-0 down at half time

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're also forgetting that the best athletes in the US have the choice of playing Football, Basketball, Baseball or even Hockey first. Three of those have base salaries in the mid six figures (not sure about hockey) while the us Major league soccer is a tenth of that at $40k. If you're drafted high enough in the NFL (football) you can have multi million dollar signing bonus. What would you chose? I'd go play a sport where I sock money away and live comfortably for the rest of my life.

Plus, we just don't have the soccer culture like others in the cup do.

• Members
You're also forgetting that the best athletes in the US have the choice of playing Football, Basketball, Baseball or even Hockey first. Three of those have base salaries in the mid six figures (not sure about hockey) while the us Major league soccer is a tenth of that at $40k. If you're drafted high enough in the NFL (football) you can have multi million dollar signing bonus. What would you chose? I'd go play a sport where I sock money away and live comfortably for the rest of my life.

fair point :thu: it was a shallow point i was making, i knew there wasnt much substance

still, 2 million people :p

• Members

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Members
fair point
:thu:
it was a shallow point i was making, i knew there wasnt much substance

still, 2 million people
:p

I totally understood what you were saying. Sadly, I don't think soccer has any more than 2 million fans nationwide.

• Members

I think the MLS salary is highly linked to that.

You have to admit, soccer has been growing in popularity but there is no way it could ever keep up with the big three especially the NFL.

Definitely, which I'm happy about. But it's still not comparable to most other countries.

Archived