new Hardwire tremolo

JETKING

• Members

Seriously...is it really that hard to put a volume knob on it? Even a trimmer! Something!

Agreed. Hopefully the 'modify' knob controls volume on a couple of the modes.

I've tried all of the Hardwire pedals minus the tuner and dirt, and they are all really good and versatile. No one mentions that they are comfortable with line level signals, and that I think is the true beauty of the line. I've stuck them in front of an amp, in the loop, in the aux bus on my cheapo mixer all with great results.

• Members

I think this looks promising for sure. All of the Hardwire pedals I've owned have been great value. I assume this pedal is digital like their chorus pedal, neither bad or good. As much as I like this pedal, with my Empress tremolo, Luna Vibe, and MXR micro flanger, I'm not sure I need this pedal, and I doubt it could replace them, but who knows. I love my Empress trem, this will definitely not replace it, but it could be a cool to have nonetheless.

• Members
ok, so what are they missing in the lineup?

phaser, flanger, and envelope filter

any more?

ooh.. hardwire filter.. interesting.. if it had envelope filter (expression controlled like the whammy wah?), lfo wah, sequenced filter / sample & hold type effect :)

Not having tap tempo makes it useless to me.

I've never had a tap tempo tremolo. :idk: I didn't have a tap tempo delay for a long time either, but once I got one, I realized just how cool of a feature tap tempo is... but for me, NOT having that feature doesn't make a pedal worthless - I can survive without it. It's still nice to have though. :)

• Members
I've never had a tap tempo tremolo.
:idk:
I didn't have a tap tempo delay for a long time either, but once I got one, I realized just how cool of a feature tap tempo is... but for me, NOT having that feature doesn't make a pedal worthless - I can survive without it. It's still nice to have though.
:)

In the past I've used the trem on my Musicman Sixty Five Reverb head when the song called for trem. I pulled that off in the studio by recording multiple takes/tracks, and then during mixdowns, pulling faders up and down when the trem came, and went out of sync (like how The Smiths did the trem parts on "How Soon is Now").

That process is fine for studio work, but obviously not for live stuff. I just hate sloppy out of sync trem/vibrato, unless you're going for just random washes of sound.

Archived