Lets talk cables........

shipatsea

• Members

This professional high end cable with the unique design is made of polished copper - the same as is used on industrial transformers. To further increase conductivity, the copper surface (OFC Class 6,
purity level 99.9999 %
) receives a final polish and a conductor insulation made of a special, surface-finished electro-insulation lacquer. The jacket is made of an extremely robust, adhesion-free and UV-resistant PVC.

The sound advantages of this design are extremely fast transmission capabilities (ideal for attacks), convincing mid ranges, popping deep basses, and an analytical transmission.

• Enormously fast, powerful, and clear sound image for bass, guitar, and keyboard due to the special polished finish and conductor smoothing of the copper (OFC Class 6)

• Double shielding due to a combination of copper spiral shield and conductive carbon shield

• Loss-free transmission due to low capacitive values - 27.5 pF/ft Capacitance

• Very robust and resistant when stepped on due to the special PVC-jacket and dense copper shielding

Also features a thick, protective layer of bull{censored} :lol:

"convincing mids"

• Members

I can't hear any difference between cables, except some of these really cheap and crappy ones.

really? My friend and I did a double blind test a number of different cables and there is a pretty big difference between them. That said, marketing mumbo-jumbo doesn't do it for me and more expensive doesn't equal better.

• Members

just because you can't hear it doesn't mean it's BS. I've spent a lot of time working in studios and really training my ear to hear subtleties like differences in cables. To me, it can be just as big as changing speakers or pickups.

Though I do agree that more expensive does not mean better, different maybe...

• Members

just because
you
can't hear it doesn't mean it's BS. I've spent a lot of time working in studios and really training my ear to hear subtleties like differences in cables. To me, it can be just as big as changing speakers or pickups.

what difference does "extremely fast transmission capabilities" make?

• Members
really? My friend and I did a double blind test a number of different cables and there is a pretty big difference between them. That said, marketing mumbo-jumbo doesn't do it for me and more expensive doesn't equal better.

That could be possible, of course. But I wouldn't spend so much money on a cable because I play live most of the time and I never recognized cabledifferences during soundcheck...there are often bigger problems than "unconvincing mids".:lol:
In a Studio a nice cable could surely be a better choice.

• Members

Your cable is only as good as your weakest point. Super pure copper and gold connectors don't mean {censored} if you use tin solder.

and jimi hendrix used noisy ass tone sucking coil cables so everyone can just shut the {censored} up.

• Members

what difference does "extremely fast transmission capabilities" make?

Well I wasn't taking about marketing BS. Also, FWIW, I really doubt a lot of the bedroom bluesmen on TGP can really hear the difference...

• Members

You'll hear any difference when you have $250 invested in 10 cable.

I have nice cables. Mogami 2524 with Neutrick connectors. Got em from lava. I bought them because I wanted something durable, not because they sound any better than any other decent cable. I take care of them and they haven't gotten kinked or broken in the 2 and half years I've been using them.

• Members

You'll hear any difference when you have $250 invested in 10 cable.

I have nice cables. Mogami 2524 with Neutrick connectors. Got em from lava. I bought them because I wanted something durable, not because they sound any better than any other decent cable. I take care of them and they haven't gotten kinked or broken in the 2 and half years I've been using them.

That's the crunch for me, I want a well made cable that will last and not go {censored} on me.. that's my biggest consideration....... subtle differences in tone, I'm not really interested. There's no need to spend more than

• Members

Death Valley Cables are still the best for the money imo. All you need is something reliable with quality plugs and good construction.... TGP is really lame when it comes to cables. I've had just about every cable I've bought from GC break over time (monster, planet weaves, george l's, etc) so I'm a bit wary just buying something off the shelf at a music store.

• Members

just because
you
can't hear it doesn't mean it's BS. I've spent a lot of time working in studios and really training my ear to hear subtleties like differences in cables. To me, it can be just as big as changing speakers or pickups.

That's cool, and I agree that better quality cables sound better than the thin molded plastic junk that comes in most starter kits.

What I was making fun of was the notion that a cable would ADD anything to the signal path. Cables do nothing but take away from the signal. When Monster introduced their "Rock," "Jazz," et al, I laughed, because it just meant they were intentionally filtering frequencies to make other frequencies seem more pronounced.

Archived