Strymon Tape Echo :-O

odewire

• Members

Sounds incredible, to me anyway. So features to wrap my head around also:

[YOUTUBE]eYda1k6AZuo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6kQ6qfvG9yc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_n29OncKKC8[/YOUTUBE]

I'm guessing it's gunna be pretty expensive like the rest of their line, but still sounds :thu::thu:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, WOW.

I think it could us more knobs, I've always hated "secondary function" stuff, and I'd rather see micropots than have to hold down buttons and turn things.

That said, this is just about the perfect delay for my needs. It sounds awesome and has every feature I've ever wanted in a delay, and it's not gigantic.

Anyone know street price? It's $400, isn't it? :cry:

• Members

sounds digital

well duh I know

I agree - but gotdamn that is REALLY well done, function-wise.

If there was a bit more analog warmth to it, it would be pretty hard to find anything to complain about - seems they thought of just about every crucial parameter to control in terms of getting the tape dynamics right.

• Members

I agree - but gotdamn that is REALLY well done, function-wise.

If there was a bit more analog warmth to it, it would be pretty hard to find anything to complain about - seems they thought of just about every crucial parameter to control in terms of getting the tape dynamics right.

I agree, although I like a nice clean digital sound too. I have the Disaster Transport now and really like it, but sometimes I want something that sounds a bit cleaner/more digital, ironic considering it is digital. They don't really cover similar grounds, but I dunno if I can have 2 delays again.

Archived