Strymon Tape Echo :-O

odewire

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme

• Members
{censored}, I didn't want one until this video.

Change my mind keeping the headrush
........................................................................................

El Capistan dTape Echo
how many seconds of looping?
20 seconds when in slow tape speed, 10 seconds in fast tape speed.

Headrush -
Looping: 23.8 seconds, 11.9 seconds overdub (normal), 17.8 seconds overdub (extended)

My new Providence delay pedal should be here next week, was thinking about a smaller looper pedal but the headrush for the price is hard to beat for now anyway. Carry On :)

• Members
Join ussss...

you mean join me, I've been using DSP since back when it was a 4 letter word here

of course I like a little more out of my DSP than ONE effect :idk:

but such is HCFX, a small group will latch onto something, a bunch will rant and rave, a few will actually end up buying it, then next week it will be long forgotten

• Members

The user interface is bad and confusing (too few buttons with secondary functions accessible by hitting 2 footswitches at the same time...).

The sound is good.

Is this the new DC Timeline?

Nope. DC is coming up with some thing new.

• Members
The user interface is bad and confusing (too few buttons with secondary functions accessible by hitting 2 footswitches at the same time...).

The sound is good.

Is this the new DC Timeline?

It sounded more difficult on that video than I think it will be. Check out these pics for ref:
Main controls
stry1.png

Secondary Controls
stry2.png

• Members
^yeah but the whole thing to press both switch with an hand and tweaking with the other doesn't seem too practical to me
:idk:

This.

Also the sound on sound is no different then the SMMw Hazarai not to mention the Headrush sounds just as great for far less money and way more output options... This is just the next flavor of the month and it will be replaced in time with the next hyped up effect.

Sure it sounded nice in the demos but lets not pretend its anything groundbreaking. It is just Strymon's attempt to get a piece of the pie others have been serving up for some time now.

• Members

I didn't watch all of that first video, so can this be put in a spring reverb mode, and yet work as delay as well? That could be fairly awesome. Most of the time I only use my Cathedral in spring mode anyway. If I could have a delay that did both in one package, that could be pretty cool. Secondary controls is somewhat of a turnoff, but I agree, they're more for tweaking vs. significant uses.

• Members

This.

Also the sound on sound is no different then the SMMw Hazarai not to mention the Headrush sounds just as great for far less money and way more output options... This is just the next flavor of the month and it will be replaced in time with the next hyped up effect.

Sure it sounded nice in the demos but lets not pretend its anything groundbreaking. It is just Strymon's attempt to get a piece of the pie others have been serving up for some time now.

The HeadRush doesn't have the ability to add modulation and change the tone of the loop.

The SMMH has bells and whistles but the normal delay sounds generic IMO.

The RE-20's preamp section is a pain in the ass.

The TimeFactor's tape mode sounds like {censored}.

The VMSD's tape mode doesn't have the grit IMO.

The TimeLine doesn't sound like tape.

I dunno, maybe not groundbreaking, but it seems to have all the functions I 'd like tape sim to have? I do understand that flavor of the week thing though. It is ridiculous, but this particular pedal looks promising?

• Members

So the real questions is, when will Crxsh sell his TC electronics Delay and get this one :) I know SAL is dying to find out.

I kid, I kid. This may indeed be a flavor of the month, but Strymon is indeed putting out some quality stuff lately, that isn't overly uber expensive. Not cheap, but for the quality and features, fairly priced it would seem.

• Members

This.

Holy {censored}, you're right! I don't want it anymore!

• Members
Just got a VMSD and have been A/Bing it w/ my Skreddy Echo, RE20, TimeBender and SMMH. Between the VMSD and Echo, the Echo has more lushness. But the VMSD has teh tapz. The Strymon may just bridge the gap...

When I was shopping delays I thought about the Echo for a bit, but my desire for tap tempo led me to the VMSD. I like it a lot and it's certainly no slouch, but I just don't use it as a standard-sounding delay that often. I like imperfection in my repeats, helps distract me from the imperfections in my playing :cop:

Meanwhile, this guy is chock full of tape echo-related features, has tap tempo and the clips sound great so far. I wish to put hands on it.

Archived