Echoes (Pt. 2) Pompeii

Kap'n

• Members

Was just watching this video. It's a pretty amazing performance.

How many Echorecs did they have? I counted at least 3.

Anyway, does anybody know how Gilmour made those awesome howls/shreiks at the beginning of Echoes Pt. 2? The video isn't really clear here.

All I could make out for a rig for him was the strat, chrome top wah (Vox?), blue fuzz face and an echorec into HiWatts and WEM cabinets.

• Members

favorite music doc of all time.

they had 3 echorecs--gilmour and wright had the green echorec-2's and waters had a pe603 (silver/black rack style)

gilmour got that sound by plugging into the wah the wrong way--plug the guitar into the output and send the input to the amp. when you turn it on and rock it back and forth it makes seagull sounds.

• Members

gilmour got that sound by plugging into the wah the wrong way--plug the guitar into the output and send the input to the amp. when you turn it on and rock it back and forth it makes seagull sounds.

Awesome, thanks! Just tried it out. You get the same effect with the volume control, too, and you can use the pedal to set the max frequency.

• Members

God, I always chime in on these Floyd threads, don't I? Comes with the territory I guess.

Anyway, being in a Floyd tribute act, I have to say that my favourite musical experiences of pretty much all time ever are in the second half of Echoes. So many times we've been in a darkened theatre in the middle of a HUGE amount of haze, and all I can see is flashing lights and our Rog, and we're building up and building up and then the huge epic bitl... Oh man. Best times ever :D

• Members

I think this guy summed it up best, from a youtube video of the saucerful of secrets cut

'because I do not speak English but here I am and for the truth to start pink floyd best group that can exist, people do not like what i do not know the meaning of the music please listen to each of the sounds are heard very cool my favorite song and always will be echoes part 1 and part 2. best tones that? blend well with each raffle pink floyd is the best pink floyd'

:lol::thu:

• Members

the best thing is when the camera goes round the band and equipment

"pink floyd / london"

epic

Yeah, that part is disgustingly good. What a groove!

I wish more concert docs were filmed with the aesthetic sensibilities of Pompeii.

• Members

I was in that arena where they played 2 years ago. We did the tour of all the ruins, then found the arena and lied in the middle and listen to the album front to back on a boom box we borrowed. Half way through we noticed we had a bunch of people around us listening as well.

Picture988.jpg

Archived