What Pedals Actually Sound Like on Record

Mikoo69

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting this. I really dig the music, I like it raw and gritty. At times, it reminds me of the Spiderland record, which is one of my favourite records of all-time.

By the way, did you get to try out his Harmonic Percolator?

• Members

I have to listen to silkworm. spiderland by slint is one of ny favorite records ever, though I didn't discover it until a few months ago.

no I didn't try out the harmonic percolator haha...that brings to mind my biggest regret from the sessions was not asking steve to break out his stilts haha.

• Members

::NEWS:: For anyone in the NYC.Brooklyn Area.

We have just confirmed our CD/Vinyl Release Show for Saturday, September 18th @ Cameo Art Gallery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Best part is, it is a FREE SHOW! Free Doors @ 10:30pm. Grandfather hits the stage @ 11pm.

If any of you come down, please introduce yourself.

• Members

The bass rig is a bit simpler.

Bass:

1976 Fender P-Bass

Amp:

1966 Fender Bassman (Vintage Blackface 50 watt)

For speakers we used 2 of Electrical Audio's custom built 15 inch cabinets loaded with EVM-15L speakers.

Effects:

Boss TU-3 Tuner

Crowther Prunes and Custard

Pigtronix Attack/Sustain

DR Hi-Beam Bass Strigns

Dunlop 2.0mm Picks

The Prunes is the main overdrive sound, and the Attack/Sustain is used for songs like "It's Good Enough Now" to give a more synth like envelope, added sustain, etc.

39021_418979842887_11062527887_4566567_4

39001_418979527887_11062527887_4566537_3

• Members

no I didn't try out the harmonic percolator haha...that brings to mind my biggest regret from the sessions was not asking steve to break out his stilts haha.

Yeah, you definitely should've!

The record keeps growing on me. It's amazing that it's recorded live. No overdubs on the guitar part especially, I wouldn't have noticed that unless mentioned earlier.

Can you please tell us more about the Strat, like pickups, etc.? Finally found someone who plays a Strat for something other blues noodling!

• Members

thanks damacy. the band practices a lot but most importantly has great chemistry, both musically and personally.

the strat is a 62 reissue, the same one you can buy from any retailer. they have custom 62 reissue pickups, but i don't have anymore info on them.

I got my first one in 2002 and have been breaking it in for the past 8 years. it never goes out of tune, even when i beat the living {censored} out of it. Live, I abuse it, yet it's never had a problem. I recently bought a second one (in black finish) because frankly, it's the only guitar i can play on. A lot of what i do has to do with constant volume knob manipulation and the strat's volume knob is placed perfectly to control with my pinky, while i pick/strum. I've tried the standard american strats before and they just don't feel or sound nearly as good.

I'm thinking about getting a 3rd guitar soon. A 62 reissue strat in all white haha. Maybe one day i'll own an actual vintage 62, though vintage guitars are way out of my budget. that being said, i do play an original 65 deluxe reverb and compared to the reissues, it's totally worth the investment.

Filter500: I don't know of a Ken Andrews...who is he?

• Members

does 62 reissue comes with treble bleed? your control of the volume really adds a lot of depth to the record :thu:

thanks damacy. the band practices a lot but most importantly has great chemistry, both musically and personality wise.

the strat is a 62 reissue, the same one you can buy from any retailer. they have custom 62 reissue pickups, but i don't have anymore info on them.

I got my first one in 2002 and have been breaking it in for the past 8 years. it never goes out of tune, even when i beat the living {censored} out of it. Live, I abuse it, yet it's never had a problem. I recently bought a second one (in black finish) because frankly, it's the only guitar i can play on. A lot of what i do has to do with constant volume knob manipulation and the strat's volume knob is placed perfectly to control with my pinky, while i pick/strum. I've tried the standard american strats before and they just don't feel or sound nearly as good.

I'm thinking about getting a 3rd guitar soon. A 62 reissue strat in all white haha. Maybe one day i'll own an actual vintage 62, though vintage guitars are way out of my budget. that being said, i do play an original 65 deluxe reverb and compared to the reissues, it's totally worth the investment.

• Members

Best thread in a long time. But the important thing here, is that your album is great! I really live yours songs! Great dynamics, great tones, and the mix is great. It really sounds "natural" Congrats and I hope things will go great for you and your band.

• Members

Really diggin the record so far. There's some great sounds on there. Thanks for the play by play with the effects. As for the singing, I enjoy it. It reminds me of Cold War Kids to a degree. Not totally but reminiscent of it a bit.

Archived