EHX spending spree! Weeeeeeee!

• Members

Nice. I've gone on a bit of an EHX bender over the past month myself. Nothing compared to this :thu: but I have picked up a vintage micro synth, electric mistress and octave multiplexer. I'm on the hunt for a V2 bad stone and V3-V6 big muff to fill out my "late 70s mid sized box" collection.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have picked up a vintage micro synth, electric mistress and octave multiplexer. I'm on the hunt for a V2 bad stone and V3-V6 big muff to fill out my "late 70s mid sized box" collection.

I can't wait to see a pic of that collection. There are a few more to add to that - frequency analyzer, black finger sustainer, zipper, attack equalizer. Now you've got me gassing to do the same :facepalm:

A friendly recommendation, the V1 Bad Stone is better than the V2. It doesn't look as cool, but it sounds better, IMO.

• Members

I can't wait to see a pic of that collection. There are a few more to add to that - frequency analyzer, black finger sustainer, zipper, attack equalizer. Now you've got me gassing to do the same
:facepalm:

A friendly recommendation, the V1 Bad Stone is better than the V2. It doesn't look as cool, but it sounds better, IMO.

Thanks for the tip. Those "mummy face" ones can be hard to track down for reasonable dough though :( and a v2 would match the muff/mistress/zipper. :facepalm:

I already have the zipper covered :thu:

• Members

Thanks for the tip. Those "mummy face" ones can be hard to track down for reasonable dough though
:(
and a v2 would match the muff/mistress/zipper.
:facepalm:

I already have the zipper covered
:thu:

I agree, visually the V2 looks slicker next to the Zipper et Company.

I don't have a Mummy Face, but I have the treadle version which is a V1 circuit. I used to have a V2, but I sold it last year. My V2 had a horrible volume drop, much more than my 18v Mistress. From what I've read, this is a consistent complaint with the V2. My V1 doesn't have the drop, and it has a vibrato switch. The vibrato switch is a great feature, and something the V2 didn't incorporate. Every now and then I'll see a Mummy Face go on eBay for a bit less than $200. It's one of the pricier units, but it's a good one.

• Members

thanks for the advice. i'm already planning a ls-2 for the mistress to permanently reside in but volume drops do indeed blow chunks. let's hope an affordable mummy face comes along. is the vibrato switch unique to the treadle phaser? i thought the vi had a colour switch like the small stone..

• Members

This is the best explanation I can come up with - their old stuff makes me feel like an 8 year old waking up early on a Saturday morning in the 70s, pouring a bowl of Captain Crunch, digging for the toy, sitting in front of the telly, and watching Super Friends.

Yeah, I know
:freak:

This actually makes PERFECT sense to me too:lol: Nice collection. Ever been through the factory? I had a tour about 2 years ago, it was like going through Santa's workshop, with Mike starring as Saint Nick with a stogie.

• Members

thanks for the advice. i'm already planning a ls-2 for the mistress to permanently reside in but volume drops do indeed blow chunks. let's hope an affordable mummy face comes along. is the vibrato switch unique to the treadle phaser? i thought the vi had a colour switch like the small stone..

Apparently, the color switch on the mummy face is also a vibrato switch http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/1834/#15368

I think the "blend" knob is really just a feedback knob. They hadn't quite mastered their labels yet at that point.

• Members

This actually makes PERFECT sense to me too:lol: Nice collection. Ever been through the factory? I had a tour about 2 years ago, it was like going through Santa's workshop, with Mike starring as Saint Nick with a stogie.

I remember when you did that tour. I would love to see the factory some day and meet Mr. Matthews. :thu:

Archived