Do all Pink Floyd fans take drugs ?

warioblast

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} off. your president is an admitted stoner and you don't listen to a single band that doesn't get cheeched on the occasion. marijuana is as much a part of american culture as apple pie

I'd argue there's a difference between a stoner and someone who has on occasion had a smoke. When I refer to someone as a stoner, i'm referring to a person who smokes basically all the time. I doubt Barry Obammy ever did that.

• Members

incidentally does acid/LSD count as a drug? I mean, you can't get addicted to it can you, and does it actually damage your body in any way when taken in large quantities? I don't know the exact definitions of what qualifies something as a 'drug'. Actually, is it even illegal?

• Members
{censored} off. your president is an admitted stoner and you don't listen to a single band that doesn't get cheeched on the occasion. marijuana is as much a part of american culture as apple pie

Calm down there big boy...no need to get your panties in a bunch :)
And Loobs, this is the internet. You haven't the slightest idea :wave:

• Members

I'd argue there's a difference between a stoner and someone who has on occasion had a smoke. When I refer to someone as a stoner, i'm referring to a person who smokes basically all the time. I doubt Barry Obammy ever did that.

He attended University in the states....

Even if his ilk pretend that what happens in the dorm stays in the dorm...

He was a stoner.

(Similar to how Bill C didn't inhale, and Ms. Lewinsky didn't swallow.)

• Members
Hey! Let's keep the discussion civil please.
:cop:

As far as Floyd fans all being drug users, I guess we'd have to define what you mean by drug user... as Tape said (I think it was Tape), he smokes cigarettes, drinks alcoholic beverages and drinks coffee. Technically, that's three different drugs, albeit ones that are legal / acceptable to society at large. So with that taken into consideration, I'd say a lot of Floyd fans use drugs.. If you mean "do most Floyd fans drop acid and listen to DSOTM while watching the Wizard Of Oz with the sound turned off?", I'd say the answer is probably "no".

When I talk about drugs I mean; weed, haschich, lsd, seeds, mushrooms, cocaine, heroine, crack ...

• Members

incidentally does acid/LSD count as a drug? I mean, you can't get addicted to it can you, and does it actually damage your body in any way when taken in large quantities? I don't know the exact definitions of what qualifies something as a 'drug'. Actually, is it even illegal?

it's not physically addictive, but more of a curiosity. you do it once, want to see if it will happen again, so you do it twice, you want to make sure it really really happened again so you do it a third time, etc. i can go a year without doing it or i can do it once a week. oh yeah, you can get manslaughter charges if you get busted with enough.

and if you haven't done it yet, don't. evil, powerful drug.

and if you do it, don't close your eyes unless you really want to have fun...

• Members

Yes, No, Yes, Yes - in that order.

It's definitely a drug. You can't get physically dependent on it, but you can go overboard. It's pretty much harmless if you don't do it regularly and you're smart about it, but doing it frequently can damage your spinal column as well as your mental health. And it's definitely illegal.

• Members

And if it's taxed it fuels the government which...
:eek:
wOOooah-oh, political thread.

:lol:

...brings in government revenues, which may not produce any noticeable benefit to society at all. The issue is that outlawing drugs feeds organised crime; that the government could make tax revenues on drugs were they legal isn't an argument in favour in my view, and it's a side effect to the fact that theoretically decriminalising drugs would be detrimental to organised crime (which is another debate in itself)

• Members

Drugs
are
expensive. Weed may be cheap relatively, but it's still not actually cheap. It costs more than I am willing (or strictly able) to pay, and it's hard to get hold of. I can't just walk into a shop and buy it when I want to. If I wanted to buy weed now, for example, I wouldn't know who to contact to buy it.

:poke:

move to Colorado or California and you can go to a shop if that is all that is stopping you....alcohol is pure evil.

• Members

Yes, No, Yes, Yes - in that order.

It's definitely a drug. You can't get physically dependent on it, but you can go overboard. It's pretty much harmless if you don't do it regularly and you're smart about it, but doing it frequently can damage your spinal column as well as your mental health. And it's definitely illegal.

Best keep away from it then. Not that I'd know where to look for it. I assume it's illegal for health reasons over anything else?

It's still something I'd want to try a tiny amount of, if only once. While listening to Pink Floyd and watching Sesame Street.

• Members

move to Colorado or California and you can go to a shop if that is all that is stopping you....alcohol is pure evil.

It's not. I wouldn't take drugs if they were legal and inexpensive. I'm really not interested in getting overly inebriated in any way. I drink fine ales and wines because I like the taste. The slight, pleasant floaty feeling that I experience when I've had 1-2 (Rarely do I drink more than this in a single sitting) is merely a desirable side-effect...

• Members
...brings in government revenues, which may not produce any noticeable benefit to society at all. The issue is that outlawing drugs feeds organised crime; that the government could make tax revenues on drugs were they legal isn't an argument in favour in my view, and it's a side effect to the fact that theoretically decriminalising drugs would be detrimental to organised crime (which is another debate in itself)

I was alluding to organized crime perpetrated by governments, which rely on tax dollars. Of course prohibition funds gangs. Furthermore, decriminalization has been shown to lower drug use, among numerous other benefits. Nothing theoretical about it.

Hence... :eek: political thread.

Oh, and holy {censored}, I just willingly quoted the Cato Institute - twice. Double eek. Well, broken clock and all that...

• Members

It's not. I wouldn't take drugs if they were legal and inexpensive. I'm really not interested in getting overly inebriated in any way. I drink fine ales and wines because I like the taste. The slight, pleasant floaty feeling that I experience when I've had 1-2 (Rarely do I drink more than this in a single sitting) is merely a desirable side-effect...

alcohol is a drug, regardless of how much is consumed.

• Members
f-i-lold-7020.jpg

:idk: Why else other than health issues? If it made you go completely mental I'd say that's a health issue, but it's not addictive. I doubt it would incite criminal behaviour for people wanting their next fix? I don't know.

Plus apparently it makes your spine go all weird.

• Members

It's definitely a drug. You can't get physically dependent on it, but you can go overboard. It's pretty much harmless if you don't do it regularly and you're smart about it, but
doing it frequently can damage your spinal column as well as your mental health.
And it's definitely illegal.

3: If you're still annoyed, tell it to that guy, not me. Please don't call me a liar, or to "get educated". I asked about why it was a drug, what could be the harmful effects and that was the answer. I'm just taking it on good faith that what that guy said might be true. "disinformation" or not, I don't care either way. I've nothing against LSD. If you actually read my posts I'm fairly interested in it.

:wave:

Archived