MXR BLUE BOX = novelty or usefull?

Johansolo

• Members

I had one for a while. I thought it was cool. I found some uses for it, and din't have any trouble with a volume drop.

But it "popped" every time I switched it on and off. That lead to me selling it for something else.

I'd like to have one again though.

• Members

i like mine. yeah there is a huge volume drop sometimes but it depends on where you put it in your chain. when i had a buffered pedal before and after it i didnt notice any volume drop.

for non fool in rain useage. listen to "Anagrama" by sonic youth

• Members

If you want one based off I'd PGS demos I recommend the glitch computer by mid fi electronics. Basically the same guy with tons of volume on tap and an extra control to get the most out of the glitchy-ness or make it smooth and somewhat musical.

If the blue box didn't have that volume drop it would be totally awesome.

• Members

Honestly, I've never heard a Sonic Youth song where I noticed Thurston using it, it always surprises me that he has one on his board.

Anagrama off SYR1.

I like that kind of effect, but there are others that do it much better with more versitiliy. The Mid Fi Glitch Computer was already mentioned, the Mid Fi Random Number Generator is cool too. Noise Swash can go there and back a million times and get way crazier. MI Audio Pollyanna is great as well.

• Members

ive had one and got offered another recently, i turned it down, dont know why they still make em. ive never seen anyone use one. cept Pagey

been a facet on Thurston Moore's setup for a while.. along w/ MXR Jimi hendrix octave fuzz.. sooo u get octave up and sub octaves, along w/ turbo rat, muff, and mutron wah

Archived