eBay situation - please advise

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

So I purchased a used BIN item on eBay for a decent deal - not a FABULOUS deal, but a decent deal. I paid for it immediately.

The next day the seller sends me the shipping notification, and then an email stating that the shipping cost him $9.00 more than he had charged me for. He is asking me if I have a problem with sending him an additional payment of $9.00.

So my initial thought is that I at least want to wait and see if the item arrives in good time and is in good condition before I even answer him. I think that seems reasonable enough. But he's persistent and keeps emailing me.

My question to you is, would you send him the additional $9?

If not, can he penalize my feedback rating in eBay? and if yes, can I contest it?

Thanks, guys!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's bogus, did he list a price for shipping, or say Actual cost? I don't know what the rules are, but I would wait until the item arrived and even then I would only send him the nine bucks if I was feeling generous.

this. I've had situations where I sold on ebay and then went to ship and it cost more than I thought. You know what I did? I ate it up because it wouldn't be fair to the buyer who more than likely scrapped money together to get it

• Members
this. I've had situations where I sold on ebay and then went to ship and it cost more than I thought. You know what I did? I ate it up because it wouldn't be fair to the buyer who more than likely scrapped money together to get it

Seriously. It's nine freakin' bucks. Tell the guy to suck it up and get his prices right next time. You're not obligated to pay him {censored}, let alone before you even have the product.

If it was more than twenty bucks, I might react differently, but nine bucks? Puh Leez :rolleyes:

• Members

Sincerely since he clearly posted it was 9$ it is it's fault. Now what I'll do is first waiting for the item to arrive. If it is how I expected it and everything fine maybe I'd give those money.
He can't do anything with your feedback because with the new rules buyer can only get positive of neutral feedback. So in the worst situation he will put you a neutral feedback.

Anyway it's clearly a buyer's fault and he's acting in a bad way keeping sending you those mails. Lately I paid a little more for 2 items I shipped but didn't ask for the difference, since it was just my fault and not a very significant difference of money.

That's just my 0.02, anyway!

• Members

eh, I've sold things and had shipping come out to be more than I charged, and I just ate it.

On the other hand, I did have a guy sell me a pedal on ebay, and, since he lived in a town near me, he had told me that we could meet up. Well, once I bought the pedal, he said he couldn't make it out to where I lived to give me the pedal. He offered to ship it to me at his own cost, but I felt bad, so I paid half.

In your case, I'd probably give the guy $9 if he seemed like a nice guy and it seemed like an honest mistake. Or maybe just half. But I would wait until the item showed up, regardless.

• Members
$49 to ship an empty case?
:lol:

How much did you pay for the case in total? $40 to ship that seems way more than enough.

I paid $99 for it before shipping. So $139 total. Those cases run $179 new with Free Shipping.

So I only saved $40 on it, which is about 1/4 off the price of a new one. That seems fair. But if you add another $9, that seems like less of a deal.

Am I wrong on this?

Archived