• Last Reply
  • Members

pics or its your age.

wut? I got to see this.

Well that is my age, but that has nothing to do with the amp :lol:

You can see the massive battery compartment in this pic:

399662824_tp.jpg

Here's the story at RonSound's site:

http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62:let-freedom-ring-the-freedom-amplifier-pt-1&catid=13:electro-harmonix-articles&Itemid=45

batteries.jpg

• Members

Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet, Peavey Solo Bandit, and Carvin SX300.

The Carvin is getting modded this week. Too much treble at all times, and those bastards split the signal to distort highs and lows separately.

Changing/removing about 8 components should help that a bit.

Love the Marshall (even if it was modded for better bass).

• Members

Here's mine.

2792_197462540200_640230200_6695155_6436

Super loud.

+ 1 for the Performer 1000:

IMG_6696.jpg

Not only is it superloud, but it sounds amazing. Put every EQ knobs to 10, and it's beautiful, and sound more tube-like than some tube amps. The dirt side of the amp has a 12AX7, with a "more gain" option, which makes dirt pedals useless (though it takes pedals pretty well).

There's also a spring reverb in there that is super sexy. 3 way footswitch (gain, more gain and reverb), 200 $. Sounded better and had more usefull fonctions than the Hot Rod Deluxe I used to own. I can't believe I used the HRD and kept the Performer as a backup... should have been the other way around!

BTW, there also a Trace Elliott Comando bass amp on that pic, it's okay, but it holds record for the most time spent at repair shops... :facepalm:

• Members

Well that is my age, but that has nothing to do with the amp
:lol:

You can see the massive battery compartment in this pic:

399662824_tp.jpg

Here's the story at RonSound's site:

http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62:let-freedom-ring-the-freedom-amplifier-pt-1&catid=13:electro-harmonix-articles&Itemid=45

batteries.jpg

holy crap and a half! thats nuts

i like that mogwai pic..

• Members

I have a few.

Marshall Lead 12 (2)

Marshall 5030

Traynor TS-200 (in my avatar)

Traynor TS-50B

TraynoR TS-15

Yamaha B100II

I use to own Lab Series L-5 , it was a great amp. tube amps and ss amps each have their pros and cons, I like both.

Man, I'd love to get one of the Traynor TS amps. I saw a TS-200 at the main L&M one time a year ago and I really wish that I could have gotten it. :cry:

• Members

I use at home a pathfinder 10, and it sounds great on the clean channel. Been toying the idea of a tube amp, but it would be too much for home use. I want to try that pathfinder 15!! It should be similar to the P10 but with a bigger speaker, that is the weakest point on the P10..

This mod is interesting!

Besides sounding like a full size combo tube amp? And being super cheap? Loud enough for small gigs/rehearsals?
:p

You can plug headphones in to practice into the wee hours of the night, with the boost switch off you can practice in an apartment without the neighbors calling the cops. With the boost switch in take it to small gigs or jamming with the band. @ about 1.5' x 1.5' x 10" and weighing in at about 15 lbs throw it in the backseat and go. Has a decent reverb and an ok tremolo. Sounds gorgeous. Without the LED mod it just keeps up with a really loud drummer. After the mod, more than enough and sounds better with the distortion less "hair metal" and more raw ala the Young brothers, or 60's Stones. Approx $50-$60 bucks used, roll dem bones son...

GainMod.jpg

• Members

Man, I'd love to get one of the Traynor TS amps. I saw a TS-200 at the main L&M one time a year ago and I really wish that I could have gotten it.
:cry:

oh man, just be patient, you'll find one. I'm using it for bass, it's got so much balls it's sick. I bought it about a month ago from another Jesus Lizard influenced bass player.

• Members

I've got an old solid-state Rickenbacker 2x12 amp that is great for clean tones (don't remember the model number and too lazy to go check).

Also, I see you're a Randall Commander fan. I've got a line on a Randall Commander 4x10. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you the info.

Randall Commander Head

IMG_0607.jpg

Randall Commander 2x10

IMG_0477.jpg

• Members

I've got an old solid-state Rickenbacker 2x12 amp that is great for clean tones (don't remember the model number and too lazy to go check).

Also, I see you're a Randall Commander fan. I've got a line on a Randall Commander 4x10. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you the info.

I feel like I'm covered for the Randall stuff but thanks.

I had a Fender Bandmaster head for a while and the Randall sounded so close that I ended up selling the Bandmaster. Plus, I really needed the money at the time.

Archived