Solid State Connoisseurs

RUExp?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, I'd love to get one of the Traynor TS amps. I saw a TS-200 at the main L&M one time a year ago and I really wish that I could have gotten it.
:cry:

that reminds me; my very first amp was one like this. i used it as a bass amp then traded it in for a real bass amp.

i really can't remember if it was any good or not to tell you the truth.

299039640_o.jpg

• Members

It's got pretty huge bottom, it's a bass amp. Sounds frickin awesome for guitar, though. The clean tones are real chimey and a bit gritty, and it takes pedals really well.

The 3 position knob controls a bass cut (i think). I mostly use the bottom channel with guitar, though.

The 4 seperate inputs are all the same gain from what my ears can tell, not hi-gain/low-gain.

it's all original from the 1970s (about 76, i think) and it was in perfect condition when i bought it about 3 or 4 years ago. It was used by a church as a PA system. No rips in the vinyl or anything. Until I got a hold of it. :(

It's an awesome amp though, shakes the freaking house at 1/4 full volume.

• Members

What exactly do you like about the pignose?

The sound!:p

Even with a much smaller speaker, it sounds bigger and less boxy than my Pathfinder 10. It takes my dirt pedals well, and it just has a good natural tone to it. It is clean at lower volume, and gets pretty nasty when turned up. I know it's not for everyone, but I love it.

• Members

i'm using a tech 21 trademark 30 for when i can't use the riveras. it's made in new york by the makers of sansamp and it has the option of just running the sansamp portion. i'm thinking of running it into a tube buffer (red iron amps) and then into a cab. picked it up on evil bay for 125, and it is one of the best ss amps i have heard. check it out.

• Members

I'm thinking of selling my Blues Jr. and going SS. I think of my amp as one trick pony and any time I've played a Roland Cube, Peavey Bandit, or Vox Valvetronix series I love the versatility. I don't play out so I just need an amp that will sound good at lower volumes and give me the versatility my tube amp won't. What do you guys think? Also, I would need it to take pedals well.

• Members

I'm thinking of selling my Blues Jr. and going SS. I think of my amp as one trick pony and any time I've played a Roland Cube, Peavey Bandit, or Vox Valvetronix series I love the versatility. I don't play out so I just need an amp that will sound good at lower volumes and give me the versatility my tube amp won't. What do you guys think? Also, I would need it to take pedals well.

Personally, i wouldn't get rid of a Blues Jr. for a solid state amp. I like the BLues Jr. a lot. There's no rule against having two amps!

Archived