Jack White replaces sister drummer for someone with a bit more talent...

Ryan.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

metallicas-lars-ulrich.jpg

He is pretty bad isn't he. I never thought of the drums sucking on early Def Leppard though. The point I was trying to make though is that nine times out of ten when someone is talking about a drummer that they think sucks they bring up Meg, but rarely do I ever here people talk about any other drummers sucking. This makes me feel like it is at least somewhat related to her gender.

• Members

There is alot of sexism in regards to female musicians, in this place in particular. First thing anyone says whenever a female-fronted band gets mentioned is whether the girl is "hot" or not... like that even matters.

I think it's disgusting and shallow.

I have no opinion about Meg White's drumming. I could care less. She makes money from it, so she's obviously better than I am.

• Members

Maybe Jack White should replace himself with someone with a bit more talent.
:idea:

Honestly - I've tried to get into his stuff a couple of times, but I just don't "get it".
:idk:
Maybe someone can explain to me what the appeal is?

its raw and gritty yet fairly accessible. they had a few hits, so a bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon. people use them as the one "indie" band they can name-drop and compare every other two piece band to them. not bad, at all, not great by any means, jack gets some really interesting guitar tones live but i can't stand his voice or the drumming.

• Members

Maybe Jack White should replace himself with someone with a bit more talent.
:idea:

Honestly - I've tried to get into his stuff a couple of times, but I just don't "get it".
:idk:
Maybe someone can explain to me what the appeal is?

The appeal us comparative to that period in time.... Crabcore or rockin fun guitar garage mess??? The choice is obvious....

• Members

The point I was trying to make though is that nine times out of ten when someone is talking about a drummer that they think sucks they bring up Meg, but rarely do I ever here people talk about any other drummers sucking. This makes me feel like it is at least somewhat related to her gender.

maybe it is because she actually DOES suck. don't you think she plays the drums, like, i dunno A GIRL? Nothing she does looks or sounds "smooth" or "fluid". IMO, its easier for women/girls to pull of the drums than it is a guitar. for the most part, girls just don't look right with a guitar.

• Members

There is alot of sexism in regards to female musicians, in this place in particular. First thing anyone says whenever a female-fronted band gets mentioned is whether the girl is "hot" or not... like that even matters.

I think it's disgusting and shallow.

I hate to say it, but it really does matter what people look like, especially women. Its just the world we live in. How many overweight mainstream rock stars are there out there?

Archived