Post Your Rig (Fall Edition)

manchester

• Members

How does that Holdsworth guitar sound?

It's kind of unique so it's tuff to pin it.

I opted for all mahogany, so if your familiar with that sound in a les paul, or that white tele you built (I think the body was maybe mahogany like the neck?).

But then you got to add in the semi hollow sound. It's a pretty resonant guitar, but not as obvious as some semi hollows (like a 335).

So I'd stick it somewhere between a Les Paul and a 335. Honestly though, I don't have much experience with either of the comparison guitars so I might be way off.

I took it into open council a couple weeks back and had the instructor play it and one of my other teachers. My blues teacher made the comment that if he closed his eyes he couldn't pin the sound. When I listen to clips of other Holdsworths I can hear a common thing happening but I can't explain it yet.

It's in all my youtube clips but the sound quality is quite horrible on those.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just thought I'd post these cause of a new app I got. Its kinda cool, lets you pick what film, flash, lense and so on that you want to use...

here is my rig back in the 50's:

149895_591478914613_26200209_33537898_53

and here it is again after I bought a new house in the 70's:

75734_591478874693_26200209_33537897_680

:thu:

• Members

The Mesa Electra Dyne is my main amp now, and the AC30CC2x has been retired for a bit. Still using my number one white tele, and occasionally the tele thinline. Board is pretty much going to stay this way through recording the next album, just waiting on my Fulltone Custom Shop Deja Vibe to get here (it'll go in the empty space of course).

Nov2010003.jpg

• Members
I just thought I'd post these cause of a new app I got. Its kinda cool, lets you pick what film, flash, lense and so on that you want to use...

here is my rig back in the 50's:

149895_591478914613_26200209_33537898_53

and here it is again after I bought a new house in the 70's:

75734_591478874693_26200209_33537897_680

:thu:

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

• Members
Here you go...

46071_425875662065_669737065_5336649_369

:eek:

i literally :eek:'d . what a shock to my system! gorgeous collection dude!

i think your collection is one of the highest-quality lineups i'd seen on here as of yet.

you HAVE to be using that gear to make money... whats your deal, man? band(s)? gimme a lil bio; no bedroom musician has a collection like that - High quality but sensible. very {censored}ing cool. VERY {censored}ing cool.

• Members

i literally
'd . what a shock to my system! gorgeous collection dude!

i think your collection is one of the highest-quality lineups i'd seen on here as of yet.

you HAVE to be using that gear to make money... whats your deal, man? band(s)? gimme a lil bio; no bedroom musician has a collection like that - High quality but sensible. very {censored}ing cool. VERY {censored}ing cool.

Not really true. A lot of the people who have really really high-end gear like that are bedroom players. Really there's not a huge difference with a band in a {censored}ty room with a drunk soundguy, but there is a difference in the bedroom. Not saying he's not, but don't discount the bedroom warrior whose day job just happens to end in 'awyer' or 'octor.'

EDIT: Not a knock on bedroom players, the important thing is having fun and enjoying music and your tone.

• Members

i literally
'd . what a shock to my system! gorgeous collection dude!

Hahaha! Well, I work in the music industry- as noted on the 'what do you do for a living' thread I have a business (with my other half) that reps choreogs and some artists (mostly in R n B and pop). I do a little bit of session work as a by-product (a lot for a music factory called Red Rhythm) and the occassional gig but I'm too busy to gig regularly. I'd like to. I've played in a good number of bands but the business takes priority now.

• Members

No - that's a famous quote from the Blues Brothers!

The rig will have a huge overhaul this weekend. I've removed loads of {censored}e off it (I also have sold my P2 Cornish Muff as I am awaiting a P1) and added a SIB blue box Echodrive (excuse me whilse I dribble and drool) microvibe and t rex trem. In the rack will go my beloved 1976 green script Elec Mistress and the volume, whammy expression (to IPS33B), wah and midi controllers will go onto a small board so I can mix and match easily (ie take the board or rack and board together).

Also, I've got a flight case for it now as it's quite heavy. What you can't see are the innards of the pedal board which are chokka with PP2's, Cornish buffers and line mixers to parrallel mix the delays.

I also need to fix one of the neutrik send and returns on the LHS as it's bust.

I will take some serious detailed pics during the rebuild.

Incidentally, I'll build anyone a board like that for a mere

• Members
The Mesa Electra Dyne is my main amp now, and the AC30CC2x has been retired for a bit. Still using my number one white tele, and occasionally the tele thinline. Board is pretty much going to stay this way through recording the next album, just waiting on my Fulltone Custom Shop Deja Vibe to get here (it'll go in the empty space of course).

Nov2010003.jpg

Nice rig!:thu:

Teles + Electra Dyne is awesome! I tried an Electra the other day with a '52 RI Tele and it sounded great!

• Members

You guys are too nice. :lol:

The chorus is a new addition; for almost 2 years, it was just TU-2--RAT--DMM-Vox.

I went through a phase about a month ago where I thought I wanted to have more effects, but I held it in, just tried a few choruses and it went away. Turns out I just wanted a little subtle warble to add to my sound. That DOD is phantastic. So subtle and rich...its more Smiths than Cure, for instance.

I also have a Squier Tele Custom II that I didn't show, because I don't play it much...I'm thinking about a Blacktop Jazz for my 2nd guitar, but can't decide b/w black or sunburst to match my Tele. :confused:

Archived