Communication Breakdown

ispunk

• Members

Why is it so hard for some people to take one lousy minute to send a PM saying "I got your payment and I'll be sending out your item on such and such day"? Pending deal starting to look pretty shady. If you recognize that I sent you money for something in the spam thread try answering my PM before I have to go to Paypal and file a claim. :idea:

No but if you want to mail me a cool piece of studio gear you have my blessing.
:lol:

Do I have to send you a PM before I do? :confused:;)

Seriously - if you agree to a deal, IMO, you should make darned sure you do your best to keep the communication frequent and timely. It's not that hard... money arrived? Send a PM or email. Got a PM or email? Send a quick reply - even "Cool - thanks" is better than nothing. Sent the item? Send a PM or email with the tracking info. Item arrived? Send a note. It checked out OK? Yup - send a note and provide feedback (if applicable).

It's not rocket surgery or brain science. ;)

• Members

Do I have to send you a PM before I do?
:confused:;)

Seriously - if you agree to a deal, IMO, you should make darned sure you do your best to keep the communication frequent and timely. It's not that hard... money arrived? Send a PM or email. Got a PM or email? Send a quick reply - even "Cool - thanks" is better than nothing. Sent the item? Send a PM or email with the tracking info. Item arrived? Send a note. It checked out OK? Yup - send a note and provide feedback (if applicable).

It's not rocket surgery or brain science.
;)

No PM neccesary Phil. Just blindly mail it to me. I'm sure I'll get it someday.

+1 to the rest of your post. That's how I handle things when I sell something.

OK, a bunch of vintage microphones, rack effects and preamps / processors were just boxed up and shipped out; addressed to:

Mr. ispunk

Bacon is good for me

Behringer City USA

Like you said, hopefully, it will get to you someday. Enjoy! :wave:

PS To add to my earlier post - if you're going to be delayed in sending something out - send a PM or email! Better that than to leave them hanging - and getting ticked due to your unresponsiveness.

• Members

some times it's just about having a lot of transactions behind you, and you lose that sense of "is it here yet? is it here yet?" feeling like your first ebay score.

I've had a whole bunch of deals that went like this:

Cut the deal

Send the funds

Wait for the Truck to stop in front of your house in a week

After arrival send a PM or post in the thread aout what a great transaction it was.

not sayin I'm jaded or nothing, but it gets pretty routine some times and you just know that the other dude is going to get it out ASAP and you will have it in the end.

I've had very good deals here and on other forums and it just gets easier to deal with the more you do it. {censored}, I've had a dozen things go out to peeps here and another dozen delivered to me. My comfort level is high. Perhaps the non-alert was not the seller being intentionally insensitive????

BTW, is sometimes one word or two??

• Members

This is the first time I'm getting pissed about a BUYER not communicating. Cost me 66 dollars to ship an amp, this guy has never answered one email since buying it, now fedex is on the third delivery attempt and I'm going to be out 66 dollars at minimum soon.

Archived