Welcome to PDX

devi

• Members

Portland has one of the best selections of food joints of any city I've lived in or visited. Unless you are looking for Indian... Though Texans like to move here and talk smack for some reason. Alas there is more to food than BBQ or Tex-Mex. :)

VooDoo doughnuts are just way too sweet. They have a good thing going for them though as the line out the door daily indicates. I just don't enjoy getting gacked out on sugar.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh man, for real? when i've been to LCC it's been great. i DID forget about my actual favorite mexican place, which i always forget because i never get to go there: tortilleria y tienda de leon on 162nd and glisan.

i've never been to que pasa cantina, perhaps i'll give it a shot.

• Members

I don't know that I've ever heard someone attack Voodoo Doughnuts before....unbelievable!

i visited this summer. i was not impressed with my 45min wait for that doughnut. its cute that it exists, but not worth it for me. made me feel ill, diabetes was on its way..

traffic there blows, but i am used to driving 80 on my expressways.

whats with it being illegal for you all to pump your own gas?

neat place, Powell books FTMFW.

the Oregon coast / Ecola State Park was super cool, not seaside though, that was lame.

• Members

don't walk through old town by yourself at 3am..

How will I get my crack then?

I used to work at the main post office downtown, got off around 1 am and had to walk from there to my apartment near psu every morning. Yeah, it get's annoying having to turn down crack on every other block.

• Members

voodod donuts is moronic. It's only famous because there's so little else going on the food channel has to show it every time it goes to portland. I don't know anyone that has ever actually been there, then again I don't associate with hipsters or hippies.

• Members

there's great diversity & pizza plurality in Chicago--deep dish, stuffed, thin et cetera. NY pizza is extremely one-dimensional. NY pizza does one thing good while Chicago pizza does several things greatly.

NY Pizza is okay but if pizza is truly yr RELIGION then i am sorry the best pizza in North America is to had in CHICAGOLAND AND NORTTHWEST INDIANA.

peace.

• Members
Let's get down to brass taxes here... favorite strip clubs? :poke:

My vote is for Union Jacks
:love:

I hear good things about Devil's Point, but I've never been there.

The only strip club I've been to here is that one on McLoughlin that doubles as a steakhouse. Can't remember the name....

• Members

Magic Gardens. That's right. There was another one I had a pretty good time at. It's in SE, they kind of target towards a metal/punk clientele, easy to score drugs at....
A gorgeous naked woman came up to me and complimented me on my Corrupted shirt. Then talked to me about Corrupted for a minute. Then walked off.
{censored}, I can't remember what that place was called, either.

Archived