Welcome to PDX

devi

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tell me about the "PDX" abbreviation. Where did it come from, and why do you use an X when there isn't even a naturally occurring one anywhere in the actual name of your town or state? I'm sure it's not a sXe thing, so what's the deal? I know Phoenix is nothing to brag about, but at least we have a genuine X right where you all seem to wish you did...

• Members

Tell me about the "PDX" abbreviation. Where did it come from, and why do you use an X when there isn't even a naturally occurring one anywhere in the actual name of your town or state? I'm sure it's not a sXe thing, so what's the deal? I know Phoenix is nothing to brag about, but at least we have a genuine X right where you all seem to wish you did...

Airport Code

• Members

Lemme guess..

Voodoo was cooler when they were underground?

i like krispy kreme better, just to squash that argument.

also, i never really feel like just "having a doughnut." i know that doesn't say much for my position, just thought i'd throw that out there.

you have to look at it from this perspective: does the wait time justify the end product? in cases like apizza scholls and gravy: yes

• Members

does the wait time justify the end product? in cases like apizza scholls : yes

lol... no... apizza scholls is such a waste of space... horrible crust... half heartedly made pizza... and lack luster eating environment... incredibly over priced. I have never seen such a hilariously awful yuppy attraction in my life.... second only to Por Qu

• Members

nah, i'm kind of a foodie like that, really. you're supposed to cook "apizza" aka "new haven style" in an extremely hot wood-fired oven for an extremely short time. in doing so, the crust only develops a slight char on the outside, it doesn't burn the whole way through

• Members

What's with that Chicago-style pizza? It's like a loaf of bread with some stuff on top.

Pass.

word. also chicagoans will get in your face about how it's superior. when i was a teenager i worked at papa john's and i had this greaseball lecture me on why chicago pizza is vastly superior to all other types. i was high out of my skull so i just listened.

• Members

word. also chicagoans will get in your face about how it's superior. when i was a teenager i worked at papa john's and i had this greaseball lecture me on why chicago pizza is vastly superior to all other types. i was high out of my skull so i just listened.

Did he look like Baron Harkonen cause thats how Chicago Pizza leaves you

• Members

I don't know that I've ever heard someone attack Voodoo Doughnuts before....unbelievable!

Annie's Doughnuts where Fremont crosses Sandy is better and cheaper and you don't have to deal with lines of too-hip hipsters.

I like the maple/bacon Voodoo Doughnut, but overall I was nonplussed.

I finally moved to Portland back in January after 14 years of hoping to move here. I love it and my family loves it.

I have lived literally all over the country. There are only 4 states I haven't spent some time in. Oregon has everything. Great climate (for me), ocean, mountains, high desert. I hope to never leave.

I lived in Chicago for a couple of years too ('92-'94) and I loved the hell out of it, but I was younger and single then. It's too inconvenient and inexpensive for a family (IMO.)

Oh--for pizza I really like this hole-in-the-wall joint just East of the Woodstock neighborhood, around 72nd in SE called Hometown Pizza. It's kind of pricey, but damn good.

• Members

Love it here, lived in Portland for 27 years and I will never leave. Old Town and Trade Up are both win and so is Voodoo is great even if it is considered "hipster". Flying Pie gets my vote for good pizza the Stark location is the best one. Plus all the great music around town. You can see a great band every night of the week here. I could gush more about this wonderful city but I'll stop.

Archived