How Much is a DoD 680 Delay Worth?

V

• Members

Hmm, so it's probably a reasonable price then.

This guitar shop is a little weird. Sometimes they sell stuff for much less than they could get for it, so I was wondering if that was the case here.

• Members

Hmm, so it's probably a reasonable price then.

This guitar shop is a little weird. Sometimes they sell stuff for much less than they could get for it, so I was wondering if that was the case here.

There are a bunch of great analog delays out there, you can spend 150 for an aqua puss, carbon copy, ekko 616, the electroharmonix memory boy/toy/man.

I wouldn't drop 200 for an old pedal that i don't know sounds absolutely awesome. If your just a collector though, go for it.

It looks like a cool pedal.

• Members

The 680 uses the SAD4096, notorious for dying and just about impossible to find a replacement for repair. So you're looking at a costly retrofit (eg MN3205) to get it going again if it dies.

Given the above, its not worth >$200, especially if the cost of the unit goes down from modding it. Although i have done the mod and it sounds fantastic.

• Members

Ok. I mean I don't especially need another delay (I have a lot of them). I was just wondering if it was a hidden gem.

Ha, i had a similar situation, a local shop had an ad99 for 300, i was gassing for it until it was brought to my attention that it shouldnt even be close to that much.

• Members

That's about $100 more than what I would pay for one.

VERY dark repeats, cool sound but not terribly flexible.

Ok. yeah this shop is weird. Sometimes you'll see them selling something for dirt cheap that's worth a lot, sometimes they're asking too much for something else.

I guess it might be a consignment item where somebody wants more than they should ask for it.

• Members

hehe, i thought of them. that guy has a cool board. i kind of got my supershifter ebcause of his board. the way he has it set up makes sense.

now, I NEED TEH VIBRATOZ! he has a vb2

That guy can play guitar and makes the jazzmaster sound great.

He was inspired by RIDE so who can blame him, right?

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Archived