I know nobody here likes Christmas music but...

BTBAM

• Members

This track just got mastered, so figured I'd post it here for anyone who likes it.

I recorded this with the new guys I have been playing with.

Enjoy...hopefully.

http://www.awaywardheart.bandcamp.com

A medley of Christmas Time Is Here, Little Drummer Boy, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Last Christmas (I Hear You Calling, Gloria, I See The Star), I Saw Three Ships, Joy to the World, O Come, O Come Emmanuel, and Silent Night

• Members

Last year I remember there was a thread to post Christmas covers in, and I seem to remember it dying pretty quickly. That sounds great though. We should start a Christmas covers thread again this year. I think that could be fun.
:thu:

Yup, I posted something and it sank like a rock. Meh, whatever. I'd like to do another one this year.

Sounded great Brian, nicely recorded tones all around. Levels are a little funky, but that can all still be tinkered with. Who are the guys you're playing with?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

dpz2bs.jpg

Great album. . . I was thinking about throwing it on ye olde turntable the other day but felt it was a bit too uppity for my relatively somber mood I've been in lately.

I think I might have to listen to some christmassy type classical stuff.

The Pas de Deux from the Nutcracker always gets me. It may be the only section that hasn't been ruined by commercials. It reminds me of being tucked in at night when I was little boy and having blue Christmas lights in my room and fading off to sleep.

[video=youtube;kG0jMkoKLJo]

• Members

Can't wait to check this out Brian!

AND ROBO: I know you don't really like Jesus all that much, but your rendition of Silent Night is... outstanding. I've actually thought about it now and then since you posted it last year. Very moving.

nah, I like Jesus, he seems like a cool dude :idk:

and thanks :)

Archived