Zvex mastotron - where was I??? tell me of it, dear users.

hangwire

• Members

it has nothing to do with an FF.

more like a muff that can be used for more "modern-type" applications. mids, can go more into distortion etc. sounds great. the price is right too. might be my favorite sounding fuzz from Zvex.

This. Use the pulse width control to make it sound like velcro. I usually run mine with subs on 3, fuzz all out, but there are a lot of tones in between.

The pulse width control also seems to act somewhat like a noise gate at higher levels, making the Mastotron much less noisy than some fuzz boxes.

• Members

It's a great fuzz! It definitely has a Big Muff'ish vibe to it when the subs are at full. The thing I like about it is that you can have a really biting sound with still lots of bottom end if you crank the tone knob and have the subs at 3.

I have tried the Woolly Mammoth and Mastotron side by side, and in my opinion you can get the Mastotron very close to the WM, but WM maybe has a bit more mids. But Mastotron is a lot more versatile than the WM.

• Members

i use the mastotron for that great velcro fuzz and yes it does sound similar to the wooly but side by side, the wooly is kind of one trick where as you can do alot with the mastotron. not as much as a fuzz factory but still, alot. If you run a booster into it, its even better, if you run the mastotron into a Pog all third world countries bow in agonizing defeat.

Archived