OT: BB/Airsoft Guns

Bill Cosby

• Members

God...

Airsoft.

I had a few buddies that were way into that.

theyre 40 now and still think theyre navy sealz.

anyways, I have a few pistols left.

if you can spend a little more. get something by KSC.

Gas blowbacks are the best. springs suck. imo

I have a glock 18c, full auto,shoots about 380 FPS, and with metal BBs its a super fun gun.

Id look on E-bay for a good used one( I dont even know if Ebay still allows sales of these?

• Members

God...

Airsoft.

I had a few buddies that were way into that.

theyre 40 now and still think theyre navy sealz.

anyways, I have a few pistols left.

if you can spend a little more. get something by KSC.

Gas blowbacks are the best. springs suck. imo

I have a glock 18c, full auto,shoots about 380 FPS, and with metal BBs its a super fun gun.

Id look on E-bay for a good used one( I dont even know if Ebay still allows sales of these?

And what do you do with it, being full auto and all.

I just want to shoot cans and {censored} to make them explode. haha

• Members

Gas? As in green gas?

Links to some guns?

I'm looking at this one:

Yes, green gas. Also check check the FPS (foot per second). The higher the FPS, the better the accuracy. Shortyusa.com is reputable. Just check your specs (FPS) as well as construction, you don't want a plastic constructed type.

• Members

I've been checking out pellet guns for a rodent problem of sorts we've been having. I found that the two best bangs for the buck are the Crosman 2240 and 2280 depending on your needs for a rifle or a pistol. Unique in they are very popular and have an internet following of people who modify them to be more powerful and have enhancements. .22 cal and very powerful right out of the box. The pistol goes for about $50 and the rifle about $80. Check out what this modified 2240 does to these full cans, f'n crazy for a BB gun.

g4g9ww_QySo

• Members

If you have a rodent problem, why don't you put down poison like any sensible person?

because poison often kills innocent cats, birds, etc.

We had a {censored}ing jackass put down some poison for a roden problem and ended up killing a bunch of cats. The school I live at has a program where it takes in strays, neuters, gives them shots, and feeds them. So, it was a huge {censored}ing mess when half a dozen cats were dead one morning and a couple more died in the week.

• Members

What do you want the pistol for?

If you want it for military role playing and gaming, then I can't say I know too much about Airsoft, as I'm not really into it. But, if you want a pistol for target shooting, vermin control and ripping up cans, then get a proper pellet gun. They are much more powerful and far more accurate than BBs. The Crosman 2240, suggested above, is a nice CO2 pistol and has plenty of scope for modding...lots of custom parts available for it. If you want a CO2 repeater, then the Crosman 1008 is a cheap but accurate, multishot pellet pistol.

I personally have a little arsenal of pellet pistols. I have two Weihrauch HW45s (one .22 and one .177) and they are the daddy of air pistols. Very accurate and the most powerful air pistols, probably available. I have the aforementioned Crosmans (2240 and 1008), which are nice, though CO2s aren't really my thing, but they are fun to shoot, once in a while. I also have a Webley Alecto, which is one of the latest multistroke pneumatics out, and this is really nice to shoot. The Alecto has three different power levels and is powerful and accurate. The synthetic frame and anatomical grip feels nice and solid, yet very light. Being a pneumatic, it has no recoil at all, so very accurate. Finally, I have two BSA pistols, a 2240 Magnum and a Scorpion. They are really powerful, good old fashioned, springer pistols, made by renowned Brit airgun makers, BSA. They do have a bit of recoil, but they are very powerful, and accurate, once you get used to the recoil.

With all my pistols, I can usually get groupings within two inches of one another, from over 15 meters away, using open sights. Airgun shooting is a lot of fun :thu:

• Members

because poison often kills innocent cats, birds, etc.

We had a {censored}ing jackass put down some poison for a roden problem and ended up killing a bunch of cats. The school I live at has a program where it takes in strays, neuters, gives them shots, and feeds them. So, it was a huge {censored}ing mess when half a dozen cats were dead one morning and a couple more died in the week.

Did he put them down in proper rat boxes? Or loose?

rat-poison-bait-box.jpg

• Members

Those newer CO2 powered airsoft guns look pretty cool. I remember the gbb glock 18c used to be really popular (forget which brand). The aftermarket metal slide thingy was popular too, but it was heavier than the plastic and I heard it made the gbb action clunkier.

I imagine that CO2 cartridges are easier to find than green gas.

I still have a TM SR-16 AEG with an M130 spring, etc; I mainly used it to hurl .25g bbs at my friends. It's a relic from my highschool days that I can't bear to get rid of :) We used it in college as part of reward/punishment in beer pong:lol:

Archived