SOT: Life - Keith Richards..

gae86

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm also in the middle of this book, really enjoying it! Never was a big Stones fan, I just purchased my first (and not last) cd of theirs this week. My local shop has dozens (hundreds?) of Stones on vinyl too (bootlegs, etc) I may have to pick up some of these too. I appreciate their music now more than I have in the past.

• Members

Near the end now, it was too big to bring into the hospital with me.

I've never been much of a Stones fan, but this book made me listen to them a bit more. Thinking of buying a couple more albums - Exile being one of them, I mostly have their earlier work. I actually prefer the pre Stones part of the book, but the whole thing is very enjoyable.

• Members
I'm also in the middle of this book, really enjoying it! Never was a big Stones fan, I just purchased my first (and not last) cd of theirs this week. My local shop has dozens (hundreds?) of Stones on vinyl too (bootlegs, etc) I may have to pick up some of these too. I appreciate their music now more than I have in the past.

hope it was "Exile." that is the only one i own on compact disc.

:)

• Members

Well, according to Eric - George was quite the horndog. Like doing his own sister-in-law level horndog. It's one of the reasons Patti/Layla bailed for Eric.

Honk posted a link to an interview with George (I wish I booked marked it). I had always imagined George being one of these touchy feeley types/one with God, peace love and all that. It sounded like he was very sarcastic, jaded, and definitely been round the block. A lot darker personality than I imagined him to be. I suppose the biz on that level does that to you?

• Members

Honk posted a link to an interview with George (I wish I booked marked it).
I had always imagined George being one of these touchy feeley types/one with God, peace love and all that. It sounded like he was very sarcastic, jaded, and definitely been round the block. A lot darker personality than I imagined him to be. I suppose the biz on that level does that to you?

was this it? http://beatlesnumber9.com/creem.html

• Members

I think so? Is that the one with him talking about Dick Clark?

yeah, i have no idea who dick clark is, but this interview doesn't make me want to go looking for his stuff :D

I was watching that movie about the birth of the Beatles, that Dick Clark movie...

Dick Clark? Not him again. I

• Members
Honk posted a link to an interview with George (I wish I booked marked it). I had always imagined George being one of these touchy feeley types/one with God, peace love and all that. It sounded like he was very sarcastic, jaded, and definitely been round the block. A lot darker personality than I imagined him to be. I suppose the biz on that level does that to you?

Well don't forget it was also the '70s. You could put your dick in anything during the '70s and people wouldn't give you a second look. Now imagine you're a Beatle and the world was your oyster. You'd put your dick in any oyster you wished.

:lol:

Archived