OT: Texting?

• Members

I work with teenagers, meaning I have kids that I'll try to call who won't answer, and then immediately reply with a text. I hate texting but I've learned to deal with it. And much to their chagrin, I text in only the most proper of English.

Edit:

There was a time when the only text messages you got were from people you wanted to hear from. Like girls. When they say I'm comin over now baby. I say BTB, bring that booty.

craig_robinson.jpg

• Members

When I have the time, which is usually, I make a point to capitalize and punctuate where necessary. However, you'll get some abbreviations from me once in awhile.

Like if I'm on the way to practice and I get "Hey man, where are you?" The reply, due to driving, will be "otw" and that's it. {censored} like that, dawg. Also, if someone is just {censored}ing around, or I don't care, the lone "K" is what they get in return.

• Members

I do text sometimes but I type it all out in proper English.... which makes it long, which makes it tiresome, which is why I don't do it often I guess. Easier to just to make a quick call usually.

This.

My fifteen year old averages just under 15,000 texts per month.

My mum likes to invent her own abbreviations. I end up calling her for a translation everytime.

• Members

I text all the time. I would rather text than talk. I use abbreviations sometimes but mostly entire words. Texts are usually to the point, unlike a phone call where I have to have a conversation for 10 minutes to get there.

we're in the same ballpark. i have a terrible aversion to talking on the phone.

• Members

I text all the time. I would rather text than talk. I use abbreviations sometimes but mostly entire words. Texts are usually to the point, unlike a phone call where I have to have a conversation for 10 minutes to get there.

Yeah, I don't wanna breathe along with someone sayin "Well......." for frickin ever.

With texting it's:

"Hey, when do we have to be at the venue?"

"7"

"Cool, see ya there."

Done and done.

Being that curt in a phone call seems rude and self absorbed, which I may be but try to be civil if possible. :) I'll talk with ya face to face all damn day, but a phone call... I just gotta be in the mood and have something really worth talking about.

Archived