DOD DFX9

JMR

• Members

dfx9 is an awesome delay.

It's got a really cool sound, with pretty nice repeats.

It also has infinite mode which is pretty fun.

If I were to buy another one, I'd try and get a dfx94, which has a longer sample rate for the infinite mode.

im on the look out for the dfx94 too.. just for the 4 seconds looping. the dfx9 has 1 second, but even that limited time is suprisingly useful. here's me tweaking my dfx9. it came with about 10 repeats so i opened it up and tweaked it to infinite:

[video=youtube;tji59N2UnWo]

the repeats are quite 'full' sounding compared to various Boss DD's i've had (3/5/7).. almost closer to a DE-7 echo mode than a digital delay. not that it's analog as such, but it has more bass in the repeats than the Boss'. it pitch bends when you change the delay time too..

this video has it doing some loop-mode stuff from about 7:20 onwards:

[video=youtube;yerF2eOSTrE]

• Members

have dfx94 right now. this is definitely the one to get though you still might want one of the analog ones. a word of advice, you might want to adjust the trimpots for more repeats and self oscillation but dont adjust any of the other trimpots it makes an awful high frequency tone.

• Members

the dfx9 is a digital delay that sounds pretty analog. it oscillates like a digital delay, poorly- so it would never be used on a radiohead album.

its not bad but certainly not great by any stretch of the imagination. i got mine on ebay for about $18 shipped and if id paid much more id have felt i paid too much.

i should offer to trade it to you, JMR, and then change my mind like you did with the small stone, you bastard. :mad:

• Members

its not bad but certainly not great by any stretch of the imagination. i got mine on ebay for about $18 shipped and if id paid much more id have felt i paid too much.

that's what i am trying to do. get one for that price on ebay. i really NEED a 1 sec Delay & to have that oscillation would be a so sweet becuz the EHX SMMwH doesn't really do that.

Archived