OT: Spam thread: why do people assume simple instructions do not apply to them?

Jules-RM

• Members

Every once in a while I try being nice and say OK to a UK or OZ sale. Then after three or four trips to the post office I have to back out because your average postal worker has no idea what services are offered with a given shipping method and price seems to depend entirely on their mood. So now I've spent an hour waiting in lines and a few gallons of gasoline, all to look like a dick for either backing out of a deal or raising the shipping price after an estimate has been agreed upon. After this last time I resolve to simply stick to my CONUS only rule.

International shipping with USPS is like trying to order sushi at Burger King.

Why is USPS like this? Whenever I've used Royal Mail to post overseas, I've never come close to waiting for an hour. Likewise when I lived in Canada and used Canada Post, at one point posting 40 kilos of clothing and possessions back to my UK address. I never waited for an hour. What the {censored} is up with USPS?

• Members

Having said, that I don't even bother looking in the USA spam thread. Mostly because, for whatever reason, the majority of you guys can get around the idea of posting something overseas. Like it's a major inconvenience in your life to ask the person on the other side of the counter to send it to another country.

It's a huge pain in the ass to ship internationally for some of us... especially if we live in a decent sized city. If I wanted to ship to you I'd be looking at standing in line anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half on top of having to do the requisite paperwork. It's just not worth it.

• Members

international shipping is crazy. I shipped something to netstar and I filled out an index card and it got there in little over a week. I shipped something to Australia and filled out a card and it got there in about 5 days. I've shipped to Canada twice and both times I had to fill out a whole sheet. Both times I've shipped to Canada it has taken twice as long as shipping to Australia and the UK.

The only thing funner than not being able to buy something from the UK is a package being lost in transit and losing not only the pedal, but having to give a refund as well. That was superfun.

Sofa King Rude.

I've bought three things from Europe in the last year... one came from Ireland (via a forumite) and went off without a hitch. Two were via Ebay from England, and one I had to get a refund on because it never showed up. On 12/30/10, I bought some sunglasses from England from a seller with 100% positive feedback and thousands of transactions... and they're still not here. :mad:

Got a link to your spam thread post?

• Members

Got a link to your spam thread post?

I thought I was the only person to have bad luck with shipping, but I've only had problems shipping, never receiving. It took 4 weeks once to ship a Rat to Canada, and I think about 6 weeks to ship something to AUS. That pedal getting lost was the last straw tho. Between the cost of the pedal, the shipping and the refund I was out over $300. I trusted the guy too, I don't think he was lying about not getting it.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2734987-READ-THE-RULES-OR-GET-BANNED-Weekly-spam-thread-1-25-11&p=42035172&viewfull=1#post42035172

Archived