Post your artwork / poetry / photography / anything other than m00zak thread.

amarr1

• Members

Just interested in HC's other expressive outlets. Post self-made movies, skits, scripts, short stories, and all that other jazz. Also, can we please abide by the "if it's not nice, don't say it" rule, regardless of how putrid and awful another forumite's creation might be. That is not to say that constructive criticism is prohibited.

Go.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am the minor key arpeggio

I am the minor key arpeggio

She is the Braun handmixer juiced on 1000 volts, screeching and hissing well beyond its function.

She is cordless yet eternal, just won't shut the {censored} up. Echoes through my bones. She is an inoperable tumor. I call her Mom. Hi Mom.

I am somehow less random than she, set in motion by a drunken moment perhaps or spring fever in December, a point of origin light years away from warm and fuzzy.

I am somehow less random. How could I not be? Merely anger set in time to the pulse of fear.

The pulse of two soulless shells trying to {censored} away their fear, their loneliness. Wearing the slut mask. Donning the macho suit, and the beat goes on, and on, and on, in homes across America. The most ugly {censored} hemorrhaging clandestine crank labs in suburbia, buggered boys, girls fractured by molestation and the possibility of vanilla extract becoming a gateway drug.

I am the minor key arpeggio played on the bedsprings of a filthy mattress.

New Testament 2010...In the beginning...

I had a dream...a dream of businessmen crucified to Coke can satellites, spinning out of control through space. All had hands and feet pop riveted to the hulls, bleeding profusely onto starched white cuffs and dark, polishible shoes. Most of them wailed and lamented their circumstance whilst soiling their Armani suits..."What have I done to deserve this?...I was only following the American way...it was only business...everyone was doing it!"

There was but one among them who remained silent...spinning slowly...almost deliberately, with a {censored} eating grin and a knowing wink for all those who cast their gaze upon him. He was a 401K of enlightenment...A tower of enthusiasm rose from his slacks, always ready to screw whatever moved...any movement...the spreading of legs, the spreading of ass cheeks, the parting of lips, the signing of contracts, the punching of ballots, ANYTHING. Our "hero" did not discriminate...he was a free love, free market, equal opportunity bastard.

In anticipation of his death he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior. Now...this man was savvy when it came to contracts and negotiations...all types. So savvy was he, that he was able to screw over the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit in a loophole he found in the guarantee of salvation via acceptance of Christ.

After banishing them to perpetual reincarnation as illegal Mexican immigrant houskeepers, he took over heaven and began planting the seeds of a new spiritual law in the hearts and minds of mankind. A shiny new spiritual law that appealed to the masses in a way previously unheard of...It was glossy, high tech, "connected", practical, easy, EXTREME...it even came with a free trial. It was sure to be in your face yet not offend your parents. It was "ironic" yet pathetic. It was tragic yet uninspiring. It was sexy yet impotent. But most importantly, it had created isolation and selfishness while providing complete and total distraction from one's true self. It was the perfect marriage of religion and business. It was savagely efficient and as unforgiving as space and time.

Enter Ed Schmergly...Fire Insurance Salesman...

Every religion needs it's Mary...a conduit from which spiritual energy flows and manifests itself in the material plane. What better conduit for this dismal, corrupt message than a misantrhopic, chronic masturbator who's a flop with chicks and sells insurance?

Ed Schmergly writes a program that allows him to monitor any and all activity on the internet, from private e-mails to high security military sites and banking institutions. Based on a form of AI, it's the most effective program of it's kind...The program is called BusyBee v2.0.

(The busy bee has no time for sorrow - Blake...William, not Robert)

The President (President Herod) receives word from his security advisor regarding the rumor of the existence of BusyBee v2.0. In an attempt to gain control of the program, the president orders the staged hacking of N.O.R.A.D. that results in the launch of a nuclear missile. In order to avoid accidentally destroying BusyBee v2.0 and it's creator, President Herod targets the city least likely to have young, hip, computer hackers...Miami/Dade County, Florida.

In the ensuing chaos, President Herod is given unheard of executive powers in order to "stamp out this hacker threat". These powers allow him to locate the point of origin for BusyBee v2.0. President Herod then dispatches three C.I.A. agents to Ed Schmergly's place of residence to "acquire" BusyBee v2.0.

The three C.I.A. agents, in reality, are plants for a right-wing extremeist Christian organization called "The Stones of Christ" who are also interested in obtaining BusyBee v2.0.

The three C.I.A. agents eventually catch up with Ed Schmergly and take BusyBee v2.0 back to their headquarters, where they make some modifications to the program and re-dub it...J.C. 2000. The J.C. 2000 is then used by The Stones of Christ to monitor "sinful" internet activity so that sinners can be eliminated by lone wolves traveling through the country acting on behalf of T.S.O.C.. The J.C. 2000 program was also used to help answer difficult philosophical and metaphysical questions.

One day when accidentally, and simultaneously asked the questions, "Where does the soul exist in the human body?" and "Can Jews eat veggie-pork?", the J.C. 2000 program encountered a glitch in it's code and became self-actualized.

...To Be Continued.

Dream #4...or...With Apologies To The Flying Circus

"Things break, don't they colonel?" Lovers burn. The living dead come for me with a hunger for human flesh. With one foot in the grave and the other in my mouth, I can't outrun them. A rotting hand shoves a Ginsu knife into my abdomen and I'm in a new dream...

The Fed's are after me because God called me on the phone and gave me the exact date of the apocalypse. This was information that only the F.B.I., the C.I.A. and T.R.W. were supposed to have. Needless to say, they weren

• Members

Silver%2BClouds%2B1.png

ive tried drawings, but i just did nude women in the end (which is fine), and I did simple photography, manual film and those mini poloroids when they first came out. This pic was used for the print ad for our debut cd in ..i know...japan, and somewhere else, cant recall. Its 1000papercranes spinning and I just snapped it with my digital camera. Im one of those guys who doesnt care about the machine but the subject. I had an exhibition with..two...um...japanese photographers and its odd..all the white visitors liked my pics and all the asian visitors gravitated towards the japanese artists'. After that, I gave my manual cameras away to one guy, this Chinese-Korean guy who spoke Russian and English, had a small shop, collected slot machines. cool dude...

But I still take a few odd pics with my phone or whatnot, but I havent found anything I want to film.

I also did film for a bit, but it wasnt for me (it was part of my major!)

• Members

thanks!

photoshop and 3ds max

Awesome. I was into 3ds max for a while when I was doing my course at uni, but it wasn't really for me outwith the course projects. Much prefer photoshop.

You using a tablet too? That's another thing I didn't really get into, but I seem to manage fine with just a mouse for what I need to do

• Members

Awesome. I was into 3ds max for a while when I was doing my course at uni, but it wasn't really for me outwith the course projects. Much prefer photoshop.

You using a tablet too? That's another thing I didn't really get into, but I seem to manage fine with just a mouse for what I need to do

tablets are fun! it's kind of sad thoguh, as I lost my hand in "real" drawing years ago. you get to accustomed with undo, redo, layers, all that stuff.

I use max for work, so I guess I append it to my personal art whenever possible as well. I didn't even texture the above examples. just paintovers afterwards in photoshop. paintovers, overlays, etc.

Archived