70s Fenders with black pickguards

• Members

I've got the 1970's "Fender Precision Bass" decal waiting for the neck to arrive when I have time to do that project up. My only change (over Dee Dee's) might be a rosewood fretboard. Just love the contrast with that color combo.
:love:

Oh, I hear you on that. I honestly don't like maple necks on basses :o. White on black with a rosewood board is gorgeous.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah the only one I can think of that I would kill for is one of those early butterscotch tele P-Basses? That one could have a maple fretboard all day long as far as I'm concerned.
:love:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

• Members

I thinkk most stock darker Fender colors look better with a black pickguard. Any of the blues? better. Reds? better. Black? best with a toirtose shell or something dark.

I just put a black pickguard on my blue 72 reissue and it looks so much cooler.

• Members

I thinkk most stock darker Fender colors look better with a black pickguard. Any of the blues? better. Reds? better. Black? best with a toirtose shell or something dark.

I just put a black pickguard on my blue 72 reissue and it looks so much cooler.

i think red and blue look much better with white, personally.

• Members

:thu:

i think red and blue look much better with white, personally.

r9g2g3.jpg

Go figure. I prefer the left :cool:

Probably also depends on the neck, black pickguard wouldn't go with a maple neck

• Members

2u3xxjq.jpg

I've got a '90s American Standard Jazz bass that's black with rosewood as well. I replaced the original white pickguard with a pearloid one after John Entwistle signed it, but looking at this picture, I'm kinda digging the all black. Although I think it would look better with a maple fretboard. Decisions, decisions...

Archived