can you name me some pitch-vibrato pedals....

companyman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The vibrato on the m9 is one of the few things I miss about it. Such a nice warm sound.

yeah the other guitarist in the band I play in uses the M-9's vibrato and it sounds amazing, it is part of the reason I am gassing for a vibrato.

• Members

About the only significant difference that drops in the VB-2's favor IMHO is the switching, and as I said, not everyone is interested in that, and there are ways around it even if you are.
:)

When you say switching, are you talking about the pop that occurs when you engage the Malekko?

When you say switching, are you talking about the pop that occurs when you engage the Malekko?

The VB-2 uses a buffered bypass, the Omicron Vibrato uses true bypass. Google "true bypass DC offset" for more about the causes and cures for that - it's a common issue when running multiple true bypass pedals, and one of the reasons some companies started going to buffered switching to begin with...

But no, that's not what I was originally talking about - I was referring to the VB-2's Latch / Unlatch switching options, which most other pitch vibrato pedals lack, and which allow you to bring in (or kill off) the vibrato only on certain phrases or notes by depressing and holding down the pedal.

• Members

The vibrato on the m9 is one of the few things I miss about it. Such a nice warm sound.

Honestly the vibrato is one thing from it I miss as well, I don't have a simple nice sounding vibrato and I actually used that one quite a bit at one time. Aside from that there was an echo setting on the M9 I traded you that I used and liked but I can't remember what it was, James do you remember?

• Members

Honestly the vibrato is one thing from it I miss as well, I don't have a simple nice sounding vibrato and I actually used that one quite a bit at one time. Aside from that there was an echo setting on the M9 I traded you that I used and liked but I can't remember what it was, James do you remember?

Sorry I don't.

• Members

Relevent to my interests.

Would like to get a Pitch Pirate for modulating pitch stuff, but I'm not sure if it'll do a nice mellow warped record vibrato to boot, which is really the sound I'm looking for.

this is what I am after as well...

• Members

Relevent to my interests.

Would like to get a Pitch Pirate for modulating pitch stuff, but I'm not sure if it'll do a nice mellow warped record vibrato to boot, which is really the sound I'm looking for.

have you checked the new clari(not)?

first pedal in the demo. he pitch pirate is there too -

pitch pirate starts around 5:20.

• Members

I've watched that video so many times, Doug makes some really original stuff. The new Clarinot sounds great, and I've wanted a Pitch Pirate for a while now.

The Diamond Vibrato looks great as well, but is a bit more expensive.

pitch pirate starts around 5:20.

• Members
the M9 I traded you

That's mine now, :wave:
Did you save it in one of the scenes? I haven't messed with any of them but the first one yet.

I got some fun extreme pitch vibrato sounds from the Ring Thing, and also the Polychorus. Clone Theory also does a pretty cool lofi warble thing.

• Members
You're entitled to your opinion, but were you fair to the Malekko?

First of all, did you try running it at 12V? It's okay to do so, and it DOES make a difference in the sound -
http://malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/vibrato
- in order for your comparison to be fair, you'd need to run both pedals at the same voltage, and from the sound of your post, it doesn't seem as though you did.

Secondly, in terms of size, the Omicron pedal is definitely smaller than the VB-2.

About the only significant difference that drops in the VB-2's favor IMHO is the switching, and as I said, not everyone is interested in that, and there are ways around it even if you are.
:)

Seconded. I also went on the quest for vibrato. I found The Worm too weak, the DMM too noisy (but strong and saturated when very wet), that Red Witch vibrato/phaser thing not quite what I was looking for, etc. I ended up going with a Malekko w/12volts. I do the same with my Malekko Chorus and 9/12 difference is definitely there.

Archived