Flamesuit on.... I really like the new Coldplay song

• Members

I love the first three Coldplay albums and I think they got progressively better. the last album was just meh. Just heard the new song on the radio today and thought it was decent. their stuff usually takes a few listens for me to decide.

oh and this made me laugh the first time i saw it:

• Members
I love the first three Coldplay albums and I think they got progressively better. the last album was just meh.

Yep, X&Y is my favorite one so far. It has their most rocking recordings IMO (square one, white shadows, low).

Viva La Vida is probably my least favorite of all their albums, though I really love Strawberry Swing. I think the new song reminds me a lot of Strawberry Swing, which could be the reason I like it. It has that similar bagpipe-style guitar style in it :love:

• Members
Wanting to be u2 more than u2...

I kind of get where this comes from but frankly I find most that use this well-worn trope (not referring to you specifically, Renula) are just trying to write them off in a derogatory way with the least amount of effort, I mean, it's just lazy.

I understand not liking them and that's cool, but to say those two band sound exactly the same says more about the person saying it than the two bands.

For the record while I'm not a giant fanboi of either I like and respect them both. U2 has done some very mediocre stuff and some incredible stuff, imo. And, to a lesser extent, so has Coldplay. :idk:

• Members

Ok, that said, this particular track does have kind of a "Where the Streets Have No Name" vibe going on in the rhythm work and bass entrance...:lol:

But yes, I also dig the bagpipe-like guitar. Not a standout song, imo, pleasant enough I suppose.

• Members

I miss it when Coldplay was all about simple, emotion-driven songs. Parachutes and Rush of Blood are their best, with Parachutes hanging around just a nudge above rush of blood. X & Y was good and had some great moments, and definitely rocked the most. Viva La Vida I hated. They're doing too much. I like coldplay, and I love Brian Eno, but the 2 of them shouldn't work together.

• Members

I miss it when Coldplay was all about simple, emotion-driven songs. Parachutes and Rush of Blood are their best, with Parachutes hanging around just a nudge above rush of blood. X & Y was good and had some great moments, and definitely rocked the most. Viva La Vida I hated. They're doing too much. I like coldplay, and I love Brian Eno, but the 2 of them shouldn't work together.

this sums up my thoughts exactly.

• Members

Terrible. Sounds like Katy Perry and Kesha meets U2. All it needs is some autotune and vocal stutter fx. Parachutes is a great album, but this just sounds like pandering trend chasing which is what you would expect from someone as spineless and eager to please the masses as Chris Martin.

• Members

I love Coldplay, and I like it.

I like all of their albums for something. Rush of Blood is my favourite by a long way, but the lush sound on Viva La Vida I like a lot. It's not like their previous work, but it's still good.

Archived