so, what do you make of this photo?

placebo62

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't heard yet if they've found the couple. I don't see what's so crazy about it, given the absolute stupidity and nuttiness of everything that was going on. seemingly normal people were converted into riot zombies for about 5 hours. the media is saying it was a small group of anarchists, not Canucks fans that were responsible. there is a group of anarchists they've identified (the Black?? something) but c'mon, there was over 100,000 people down there and thousands of them were rioting and all of them were canucks fans.

• Members

Doesn't look like an assault, that's for sure. If it were she'd be in motion and tense/trying to push the guy off. She isn't doing that. She seems to be pulling him closer if anything.

He's also not in a position that could reasonably hold her down.

Haven't you guys ever watched UFC?

• Members

here's an interview with the photographer.

http://www.popphoto.com/how-to/2011/06/interview-photographer-richard-lam-his-vancouver-riot-kiss-photo

Sounds like she was hurt, he went to comfort her and they kissed. Remember, photos have a funny way of freezing the action, so it only looks like they might have been making out longer (like that famous photo of Mohammed Ali standing over Sonny Liston. If you see the film, the moment lasts only about 1/4 of a second, if that)

• Members

Doesn't look like an assault, that's for sure. If it were she'd be in motion and tense/trying to push the guy off. She isn't doing that. She seems to be pulling him closer if anything.

He's also not in a position that could reasonably hold her down.

Haven't you guys ever watched UFC?

no means yes and all that. she wants it

• Members

That photo was definitely not staged. There was so much random {censored} going on during the riots that this photo is not all that surprising.

I haven't heard yet if they've found the couple. I don't see what's so crazy about it, given the absolute stupidity and nuttiness of everything that was going on. seemingly normal people were converted into riot zombies for about 5 hours. the media is saying it was a small group of anarchists, not Canucks fans that were responsible. there is a group of anarchists they've identified (the Black?? something) but c'mon, there was over 100,000 people down there and thousands of them were rioting and all of them were canucks fans.

Yeah, the riots were not started by Canucks fans, the drunk fans just joined in after the real rioters started the damn thing. I was there watching everything unfold, taking photos, and I actually think that I did see some of the anarchists that you mention. I took this one shot of four of them whom I saw putting masks on. I just missed a good angle by a few seconds to get a better look at their faces, but I am damn sure that they were one of the riot groups. They look like they were there for that one reason:

sqh99i.jpg

• Members

That photo was definitely not staged. There was so much random {censored} going on during the riots that this photo is not all that surprising.

Yeah, the riots were not started by Canucks fans, the drunk fans just joined in after the real rioters started the damn thing. I was there watching everything unfold, taking photos, and I actually think that I did see some of the anarchists that you mention. I took this one shot of four of them whom I saw putting masks on. I just missed a good angle by a few seconds to get a better look at their faces, but I am damn sure that they were one of the riot groups. They look like they were there for that one reason:

sqh99i.jpg

it's too bad we can't be fans anymore eh? because apparently "the logo has been tarnished forever". I guess we're going to have to move too because, "the city is an embarrassment to the rest of Canada and hockey".

• Members

no means yes and all that. she wants it

So, my opinion that it doesn't look like an assault means I'm a rape apologist?

I'm far from your target.

My last girlfriend was raped. Go {censored} yourself.

• Members

So, my opinion that it doesn't look like an assault means I'm a rape apologist?

I'm far from your target.

My last girlfriend was raped. Go {censored} yourself.

holy crap! I was kidding in that post, I think you took it the wrong way. no harm intended, smoke a joint or something

• Members

I think this foreplay is foreshadowing of our police state future.

Please, everyone, watch the movie V is for Vendetta, if you haven't already.

That was why I mentioned the GT20 protests/ rights. This was a reason to continue.

• Members

holy crap! I was kidding in that post, I think you took it the wrong way. no harm intended, smoke a joint or something

It's ok. I just don't think it's really a funny subject.

• Members

It's ok. I just don't think it's really a funny subject.

I can sympathize because I had a girlfriend who was raped by an infamous serial rapist when she was 13. I played in a band with a girl who ws raped by a famous serial killer here as well. peace dude, I honestly meant nothing by it.

Archived