So.......are you....an....

companyman

• Members

"I want to stand out in the mix" kind of guitarist, or a "I want to blend into the mix" kind of guitarist? Effects can be really useful in both applications, I like to sorta blend in the mix, I'm not a lead guitarist at all, more into the "weave" ala Television/Stones and The Dead and Jazz-ish leanings, just a hint OD and some reverb or delay, and once in a while some flanger to sound like a leslie for spice, sometimes I love the super dry sound too.

I love stand out guitarists, too, I sure ain't one :lol: I think of people like J. Mascis, Frank Zappa, Neil Young etc., the guys just roar outta that mix!

How about you guys?...............

...just trying to be on topic :lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i must be louder than every other instrument. actually obnoxiously louder than every other instrument.

:lol:

So you're a guitarist then? :)

I like to be heard. If I'm playing with another guitarist I tend to me more agressive and want to stand out. But, I don't try to be louder than he is I just EQ differently.

For instance with theharakirend thing I stick to the chimey, loose type of playing while he is more focused. When I'm not playing with him I tend to be more focused and write differently as well.

Thanks for being srs and on topic, btw.

Archived