OT: 80's Cartoon remakes (some are better than others)

• Members

robotech is classic, they better leave taht one alone. also, born in '74.

They've made at least one sequel movie to Robotech, "The Shadow Chronicles" or something, but by all accounts it's pretty awful.

One of the source shows for Robotech, Macross, that's gotten half a dozen sequels and spinoffs and things, most of which we'll never see over here due to Harmony Gold being a real bitch of a company. Track down Macross Plus sometime if you're interested in more of that.

• Members
I am finding the GI Joe Renegades to be intriguing, because of how different it is than what we grew up with on either the cartoon or the comics (was a big fan of the joe comics).

There was a very short lived version of the cartoon that came out just a year or so prior to the mid 80's series that was sacked after a few episodes. It looked identical and the characters looked to be played by the same people but it was bullets, hand grenades, blood and guts. My friends growing up remember it. We were little kids but it was the best thing on T.V. and we became super fans. We waited patiently for it to come back on air and when it did they replaced the guns with lasers and crap and no one actually died, they just got knocked out and later thrown into the brink. We hated it and bailed after an episode or two. :facepalm:

• Members

yeah all the Robotech stuff after the Invid stuff is horrible.... so so very horrible.

Macross Plus and Macross Zero are pretty good. I haven't seen Macross Frontier yet.

Macross is good stuff :)

i have about given up on Adult Swim, most of it bores me now, except for saturday nites.

the rest of the time, i am streaming anime from Crunchyroll -- they air new episodes 2 hours after they debut in japan, and have a decent selection. between CR and Netflix, i got plenty of stuff to watch.

currently streaming:

Gintama (all 5 seasons)

Ghost in the Shell

We Without Wings Under an Innocent Sky

Great Teacher Onizuka

Stein's Gate

• Members

transformers 80s cartoon movie, crushes michael bay crap.

Also it includes weird al's dare to be stupid, great song .

Better than that... it had "You've Got the Touch"... which was redone for Boogie Nights.

[YOUTUBE]jkYuK3AKrxc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eYAAbbuEpnw[/YOUTUBE]

Archived