Day of guitar projects - the Jazzmaster /?or?/ Jazzblaster

hangwire

• Members

s2xwd5.jpg

got those Fender Wide Range reissue pickups removed and put in some Jazzmaster ones which are more my cup o' tea

2dboyme.jpg

I might need to look into the tailpiece as it is a bit stiffer than my others, but other than that is is great.

pickups are in series and has a nice "BOOSH" volume boost when in the middle position

• Members

i only like a natural finish on very few guitars. this is one of them. :thu:

edit: woa, just noticed the pup behing the bridge, thats gotta sound interesting. is it there just to pick up when you strum that section and get whatever weird chord that is or does it add something when playing normal?

• Members

Whoa whats with the pickup behind the bridge? Crazy! How does it sound?

That's like a sonic youth, no wave school thing. It s chimmy sound amplified or something along those lines...

I quote because hangdrew maybe isn't reading you... ;)

• Members

That's like a sonic youth, no wave school thing. It s chimmy sound amplified or something along those lines...

I quote because hangdrew maybe isn't reading you...
;)

thx for the quote.

Since the strings don't vibrate freely behind the bridge I would imagine it would sound weird to say the least.

• Members

That finish is fantastic
:love:

Stain is where it's at:

5527003705_723b0096af.jpg

I saw the pic on here before...Is that yours? Refinished it yourself? If so, you got to talk me through it step by step, it's THE most georgious jm look...I'm halfway tempted to sand my sunburst jazzy down to the bare wood and stain that f*cker the same way...

• Members

I saw the pic on here before...Is that yours? Refinished it yourself? If so, you got to talk me through it step by step, it's THE most georgious jm look...I'm halfway tempted to sand my sunburst jazzy down to the bare wood and stain that f*cker the same way...

Thanks brah.

I got the body from warmoth and finished it myself, yeah. PM me if you're interested and I can give you some pointers/do's and don'ts if you like. Definitely get a scrap piece of wood and practice some before you venture in to anything though :thu:

Archived