Any love for the Boss Turbo Overdrive?

• Members

I loved mine, it got stolen a few years ago along a bunch of other stuff, I always thought it sounded great, gain was on the verge of distortion but with the clarity and warmth of overdrive, sounded great with humbuckers and used it as my only source of dirt, the only gripe was that I had to crank the level knob to get unity gain with the bypassed signal, it would be the perfect boss dirt if it had just a bit more power to push the amp.

• Members

Dayum, I loved the Turbo OD. I have a Boss GT-5 (the first GT multi-effect pedal that Boss came out with), that has a Turbo OD model on it that I like to play around with. Might have to start looking for one of the OD-2s.

• Members

I have one. It's a good pedal. The turbo mode is a pretty decent distortion. The non turbo mode is a great boost into a dirty amp or gain channel when you have the volume cranked and the gain and tone set low. Don't bother with the OD-2 though, get the OD-2r version which corrects the lack of output problem the originals had.

• Members

I have one. It's a good pedal. The turbo mode is a pretty decent distortion. The non turbo mode is a great boost into a dirty amp or gain channel when you have the volume cranked and the gain and tone set low. Don't bother with the OD-2 though, get the OD-2r version which corrects the lack of output problem the originals had.

plus you get the option of footswitching between the modes :thu:

• Members

What kind of mod did you put on that Sweet Turbo Rat?

Diecast Electronics mod. Basically you're supposed to get Turbo Rat and Rat 2 settings (and in between) depending on how those switches are set. I mainly stack it with the DS2 for fuzzy leads. For a Rat it's actually a little more "transparent" than without the mods. Not 100% sure if that's a good thing or not, but this version goes better with my AC30 than the Hartman LM308 I have (which goes better with my Crate V3112).

I didn't even know there was a Turbo OVERDRIVE. First I've heard of it, sorry - thought you meant the DS2.

• Members

Yeah, volume around 2-3o'clock gain around 9-10o'clock. Fun pedal. Have one on my alt board.

110714Julessmalboard.jpg

looks like you tried Richard's settings that was on the picture I sent you;)

anyway I own the od-2r, ds-2, sd-2...and a remote pedal(all 3 pedals has that feature)

they're all cool for what they do...though they can't really compete with pedals like the Signa Drive..

Archived