Industry insiders claim JHS Pedals are cloning...Devi Ever?

• Members

The ad copy for the JHS Astro Mess fuzz reminded me a lot of the whole freakish thing...

It turns out the pedal bears a striking resemblance to the Devi Ever Hyperion.

http://www.deviever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=13311

They've even gone as far as to start defaming Devi among their retailers (some of which carry Devi Ever pedals).

:cop:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it stems from the JHS bloke taking into production a customer request for a clone:

[video=youtube;mkWpbKQ2ONw]

The f/f I pulled that link from had JHS's own version of vid in which the Devi Ever reference was apparently edited out.. but now that second has been made private... curiouser and curiouser.

I've had a hype for a few years now and I think it's the tits.

On the one hand we seem to have another TGP darling debunked... I know that Devi's pissed about this whole thing but hey, imitation is a form of flattery so, in a way it, validates the notion that the Hyperion has become a "modern classic" of sorts!:love:

• Members

dude, why did you get rid of the mohawke?

Ross did not approve. :(

(actually I had the mohawk during the 6 months I was off work from the bank I worked at while my broken legs were healing.)

• Members

Well, whatever it is it sounds freaking awesome on Hello Hurricane. Killer record, killer fuzz toanz. Didn't Zvex drop by to say that there was some Mastotron on that album too?

/yeah, I like Switchfoot, deal with it

Archived