NPD! (vintage deal)

Aaron SS

• Members

Got a tip from a friend today that there was a nearby estate sale that had some gear up for grabs that he thought I should check out and ended up scoring this :

2e3d2561.jpg

MXR Distortion+ with original box. I'm fairly certain it's from the late 70's early 80's based on looks though I don't really have anything to back it up short of it being really old looking and not being a script version. I'm going to do some more digging to find out the true age of it though. The best part is that it works perfectly and I got it for the wallet busting price of $2! :eek: All I did was clean it up a bit and ditch all the crumbling foam that was both inside and out.

I also ended up scoring a few legit original envelope filter PCB's which match the distortion+'s board exactly.

7d6105d8.jpg

My eyes lit up when I saw the footswitch to a Proco R2DU but unfortunately the rack unit was already sold :cry: Either way I'm happy because I NEVER find deals like this locally (note my location :lol:).

• Members

Who ever bought the R2Du is an idiot.. You have to have the footswitch in order for the unit to work at all!! haha

Nice score on the pedal sir!! :thu:

Got a tip from a friend today that there was a nearby estate sale that had some gear up for grabs that he thought I should check out and ended up scoring this :

2e3d2561.jpg

MXR Distortion+ with original box. I'm fairly certain it's from the late 70's early 80's based on looks though I don't really have anything to back it up short of it being really old looking and not being a script version. I'm going to do some more digging to find out the true age of it though. The best part is that it works perfectly and I got it for the wallet busting price of $2!
:eek:
All I did was clean it up a bit and ditch all the crumbling foam that was both inside and out.

I also ended up scoring a few legit original envelope filter PCB's which match the distortion+'s board exactly.

7d6105d8.jpg

My eyes lit up when I saw the footswitch to a Proco R2DU but unfortunately the rack unit was already sold
:cry:
Either way I'm happy because I NEVER find deals like this locally (note my location
:lol:
).

• Members

Who ever bought the R2Du is an idiot.. You have to have the footswitch in order for the unit to work at all!! haha

Nice score on the pedal sir!!
:thu:

:lol: sucks to be them...

I'm probably going to stop by tomorrow and see what's left as there was a bunch of rack gear left. I'll go tomorrow and get the bottom line prices (last day) and maybe make a few bucks of some stuff.

• Members

Ok so I couldn't resist going back and picking up some of the 80's rack gear....:lol:

IMGP3950.jpg

Rocktron Hush IIC (2 channel noise gate)

Deltalab Effectron ADM 256 (apparently a very early digital delay)

ART Power Plant Preamp (SS Preamp)

Snagged them for $20 a piece so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Archived