The Official Blakemore Effects Tour Box Thread (Currently Underway).

Blakemore Effects

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alright! Here's the game plan for the final 3. T ned and PKTrono both have schedule conflicts that affect when they can receive the box. So guitardustin will hold onto the box until July 3rd or so, and then T ned will have the box for a few days, and by the time he's ready to ship, PKTrono should be available again. Then after that, the box is back to me! Success! haha

• Members

Hmmm looks like fedex {censored}ed something up...I just sent the request to hold it at the office closest to me and I'll just pick it up Sat or Monday.

They just called me about an hour ago saying the package didn't have your apt number on it (i definitely put it on there). They wanted me to call them back and give the apt number.

• Members

They just called me about an hour ago saying the package didn't have your apt number on it (i definitely put it on there). They wanted me to call them back and give the apt number.

Yeah fedex is annoying...it's #22 if they call back. And my name is in giant bold {censored}ing letters on the front door because they pull this crap all the time. They don't like walking up the steps. UPS is even worse, they won't come near my apt complex at all.

• Members

Yeah fedex is annoying...it's #22 if they call back. And my name is in giant bold {censored}ing letters on the front door because they pull this crap all the time. They don't like walking up the steps. UPS is even worse, they won't come near my apt complex at all.

Well, they asked me to call them back. Should I still do that or what?

• Members

Aight Fedex no kidding called me at work and said if I don't come pick up the box they're gonna smash it and {censored} on it...so I went and picked it up! :thu:

Urinate:

1. Your note was really weird but made me lawl

2. You did indeed send it to the wrong apt #

3. I don't think they even attempted to deliver however, as it went straight from Carson CA, to the Long Beach Fedex...so who the {censored} knows...

I'll spend some time with them tomorrow when I won't get the Po-po called for causing a rockin' ruckus. They look pretty tits though.

Edit: Plugged them in for a sec to make sure all good. When I first turned on the octave on the bi-bolar I was like WTF is this {censored}, then brought back the gain a bit and played on the neck pup and was like :love:

• Members

Aight so after working all weekend I played with Blakes pedlols for a while this morning. I made some clips and I pretty much suck at guitar/recording/life so feel free to laugh at them but at least try and listen to how they sound.

I'm playing a Burtone tele with Roadhouse pups (hot bridge + P90 neck) into a '68 Princeton Reverb w/ Weber 10F150T. Recordings done with a Sm57 on the cone and Audix i5 on the dust-cap in stereo for mad toans. I play with muh fingers so it'll supposedly sound different than pics or some {censored}...Enjoy!

Mustang on Rhythm + Lead

Bi-Polar Octadrive (Normal Side Rhythm + Octave Side Lead)

Dues Ex Rhythm w/ Bipolar Octave/Deus Ex (Lead is Dues Ex w/ Gain dimed and Octave side of Bipolar with gain all the way down, it's cool as {censored})

Dues Ex Messing Around -Just Wanking and trying to remember how to play 90's songs...

And my thoughts if you care:

Mustang: Pretty cool fuzzy OD. The EQ is pretty glorious for getting to work with different amps and guitars. It worked quite well in my Vibrochamp and 5E3 as well. I kinda liked the lower gain settings more, at high gain I had a hard time getting a sound I liked but it works wonders when you ride the volume knob. Not completely my thing as I like a much smoother overdrive but that's not to say it's not full of sexy sounds.

Bi-polar Octadrive: This was my favorite by far. Obviously the the normal side is the same as the mustang so I won't repeat myself but the octave side is cool as balls. It's got a weird unpredictable upper octave almost phaser quality to it? Works best for me with the gain all the way down, all EQ settings at noon for a nasty splatty effect. All sorts of fun ass tones.

Dues Ex Machina: Muffy goodness. I'll admit I'm not a muff guy but I totally dug it. Wasn't crazy about the clean blend but I could see it uses. The mid boost wasn't great for my amp selection (all middy vintage fenders) so I just left it counterclockwise. Gain was usable at almost all settings which is pretty tits. Sounded cool with all the amps/guitars I have. Idk what else to say - pretty much as awesome sounding muff.

My only request would be to put the octave on the Dues Ex or have it separate/switchable by itself maybe? I was trying to get that sound with the third clip where its the Dues Ex cranked onto the Bipolar octave side with gain all the way down. It's {censored}ing nuts! All the thick crunchy woolliness of the dues ex with the chaotic octave is where its at!

TL;DR Blake is a sweetheart and I like his pedals.

• Members

Hahaha. Sorry! I was in Canada the day you posted that, and I must've missed the reply. First of all, thanks for all your opinions! Glad to hear you're having fun testing out all the pedals. Honestly, I've never tried turning the gain all the way down on the Bi-Polar with the octave on. I'll need to try that soon!

As for the octave with the Deus, I tried implementing the octave circuit before for a custom build, and I couldn't get it to work right. I'd like to revisit the idea again, eventually, but I tried quite a few things, and the octave from the Bi-Polar just didn't seem to play well in the circuit for the Deus. That said, it wouldn't be too hard to put the entire Bi-Polar circuit (not just the octave) into a pedal with the Deus, and that should work just like cascading the two pedals does.

Side note, bet you love that '68 Princeton Reverb! :love:

Thanks again!

• Members

My impressions, limited though they may be.

I played around with them for a bit before taking them to practice. My favorite here was the BiPolar Octadrive. The OD side was good and thick, and growled nicely when I dialed in some good settings. Not a lot of gain of tap for my preference, but I'd use it as a lo-gain OD if I had it. There was some good splattery sounds coming out of it with octave switch engaged. A bit much for chords, but nice for solo work.

The Mustang. Well, it's the same OD as the BiPolar OD half circuit-wise, but to my ears it had a bit more presence than the BP. I'd be hard-pressed to tell a difference if they weren't side by side, but I noticed it.

The Deus Ex Machina. Not really my favorite with my rig. The clean blend is a nice feature, but for some reason, my rig has never gotten along well with Muff-style fuzzes.

Done at home, so I took them to practice so I could give them a proper (loud) run-through. This is where the Mustang kicked ass. As thick and juicy as it was at home, here it was even moreso. I usually use a Rat dialled at about 9:00 for lo-gain, and I don't think I'd miss it if I had a Mustang on my board.

The BPOD was a bit of a disappointment here, though. The Mustang sounded fuller to my ears here, and, dammit, the BP octave totally dropped out for solo work. I wish I could have spent more time trying to dial something in here, because I'm sure some knob-tweeking could have fixed it, but, alas, it was practice, and we had to get some other {censored} done.

As for the Deus, well, like I said earlier, my rig (MusicMan 112-65, G&L with high-output HBs) doesn't like Muff fuzzes. With the band (another guitar, bass, drums, vox) it got buried. Maxed the volume, mids, halved the blend, still nothing. Didn't spend a lot of time trying to fix it though. It just reinforced my opinion on Muffs.

I only spent about 2 hours total with these, so some of these problems could have been fixed with some knob twiddling, but I lacked time, so YMMV.

TL/DR summary: I really liked the Mustang.

PK, I sent it out yesterday, so it should be in your hands this weekend. Have fun!

Archived