Wife bought me a pedal

hangwire

• Members

That looks... interesting.
:)
11 strings, with the low E left as a single? Looks like there are position markers and faux frets only up near the low E string too, which is probably all you really need to "see" if you want / need the reassurance of a visual guide. Being fretless, I suspect the tone is a little woodier and less focused than a traditional 12 string, and that the "chorusing" effect of a traditional 12 string is further accentuated by the the intonation issues that are intrinsic to the less precise fretless design.

What did you think? Did you like it?
:)

Here's Godin's spec for that beast:

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinglissentarp.htm

It's basically a cross between a guitar and an oud, aimed at the world music crowd. Oud isn't really a chordal instrument, but there's no reason why you couldn't play it that way- although as someone who's spent a whole ten minutes playing an oud, believe me, it would take a LOT of practice to make it not suck...

• Members

this thread and your wife get the approval of this black cock:

BC.jpg

People should buy stuff from me just for the interesting stuff I throw in there :D

Did that 4 track tape ever work? I sold the unit for scrap when I couldn't get playback anymore, so no idea if the record head worked either :idk:

• Members

People should buy stuff from me just for the interesting stuff I throw in there
:D

Did that 4 track tape ever work? I sold the unit for scrap when I couldn't get playback anymore, so no idea if the record head worked either
:idk:

I honestly haven't tried it yet but I do have a four track! I swear I'll get around to it and if it plays back at the proper speed I'll convert it to digital and send it to you. There could be some choice riffs in there. or ideas for a novel.

Oh, and Happy Bday!

Archived