Just moved. Wanna stock up on liquors. Recommendations?

Loobs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You probably cant get it, but Crater Lake vodka is one of the smoothest vodkas around, and it's only $20 a bottle here. It's the only vodka I'll drink any more.

As far as rum goes, I really like sailor Jerry and capt Morgans private reserve.

Not a bourbon drinker, so no help there.

• Members

No problem. I love talking about drinks and drinks making. The latest rabbit hole I've fallen down is Japanese whiskey!

I like both MM and Woodford. They're a nice contrast to each other and it's easy to see why they're typically the most popular bourbons in decent bars.

• Members

Wild Turkey

Kraken

Ketel One

This, honestly. Really good, affordable selections.

If you decide to man up and get gin instead of vodka, get Broker's. It has a little bowler hat for a cap. It's cheap, and it's a very clean tasting gin that's mild on the juniper, if you're not into juniper.

Also, if you want to get a scotch that's easy on the peat, Auchentoshan is spectacular.

• Members
Anyone else tried that jim beam spin off - Red Stag? That stuff is absolute filth - couldn't give it away!

Wait for Wetherspoon to pick that stuff up and they'll shift crates of it! Market appeal, it has it.

Also, Ben. I can't recommend Fever Tree mixers enough. If you mix tonic, ginger beer, ale, or lemonade, you'll immediately appreciate the difference. I can't drink Scweppes and gin now and I naturally thought it was just a load of marketing rubbish. I was wrong.

These,
drinks-fallback.jpg

Archived