Just moved. Wanna stock up on liquors. Recommendations?

Loobs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My enjoyment far outweighs my knowledge (:lol:), but I love Aberlour whiskies. A'Bunadh is a fantastic sherry cask scotch, and very strong. Doesn't taste it. I'm coming to the end (sadly) of a bottle of their 16 y.o as well, which is beautiful stuff. Good deal at Waitrose, too.

Oh, and of all gins I've ever had, Hendrick's was by far my favourite. Very very nice.

• Members

We only really keep the ambers at home. (Bourbon, Whiskey, Rye, Scotch) and the fixings to whip up manhattans as that is our cocktail of choice. We are diggin on these grapefruit bitters at the moment...

Which bitters are you using? Bittermens?

• Members

For bourbon, I would suggest Four Roses or Buffalo Trace. I think those would suit your palette considering your aforementioned affinity for Woodford Reserve. Elmer T. Lee is another very good bourbon. If you like Ryes, I would suggest Jim Beam Rye or Bulleit Rye. Beam Rye has been my favorite Rye as of late. Very smooth and easy to drink.

I'm not a rum drinker, but Goslings Black Seal Rum has been pretty popular at one of the bars I work at. Krakken gets a lot of attention, too.

For vodka, Tito's was my go-to when I was still partaking of that particular spirit. I don't know how widely available it is over there, though.

Archived