BOTB: PCB EDITION

RoboPimp

• Members

Battle of the Boards? PCB Stylee?

Ok, here's my submission:

DSCN0003-4.jpg

About 14 x 16 inches. 12 signal layers, 8 layers had tightly controlled impedence characteristics, 4 power/ground planes, 440 pin backplane connector.

I was one of 2 peeps in the design (me from the schematic/design side + a pcb designer of legendary stature in PDX)

Approx 1985. Hand layout, pen on mylar. Digitized on a huge old Cadnetix system, iirc. Manual schematic to layout check, manual check of design spacing rules. Grueling...took about a month.

• Members

DSCN0003-4.jpg

About 14 x 16 inches. 12 signal layers, 8 layers had tightly controlled impedence characteristics, 4 power/ground planes, 440 pin backplane connector.

I was one of 2 peeps in the design (me from the schematic/design side + a pcb designer of legendary stature in PDX)

Approx 1985. Hand layout, pen on mylar. Digitized on a huge old Cadnetix system, iirc. Manual schematic to layout check, manual check of design spacing rules. Grueling...took about a month.

cool :thu:

• Members

DSCN0003-4.jpg

more info on that Viper guitar

Archived