I have the apartment to myself

Operator

• Members

I'm having a beer and we just got our internet hooked up.

I wonder if it's possible to just be out of ideas completely sometimes. Like maybe there's only so much in you.

For sure, that's when you need to put it down and go find something else to do for a while.

Maybe not fap for 24 hours, that would chafe like hell.

• Members

I wonder if it's possible to just be out of ideas completely sometimes. Like maybe there's only so much in you.

when i feel like that i take a break from writing for a few days and spend more time listening to new stuff.

usually works.

• Members

Nah, there's plenty more. I'm depressed lately and that's banished my muse unfortunately. I'm working through it though and so can you.

• Members

^^^^

listen to this man. there is something to be said for forcing yourself to write. like work ethic or something. if you have been stalling for a year get off yo ass bro. even if it sucks, the process is what is important. eventually something will work out and you will like it.

• Members

besides the obvious of listening to music (which you've been doing) I like to learn something whether it be a cover song or different runs to a click. it helps alot of get some new info into the brain or perhaps focus harder on the old and pay attention to minute details at a slow tempo. as long as you're doing something positive on the guitar it all works out.

• Members

So you've written one song in the last year? You joined HCFX about a year ago? hmmmm...

So you've got the apartment to yourself but don't feel like writing? But instead you're spending that time posting here? hmmmmm...

Don't force yourself to write, but if you want to get something creative done then you do have to force yourself to eliminate distractions.

haha it's certainly no coincidence! I took y'alls advice and went on a constitutional, listening to albums. It was good to get the fresh air and exercise; came back and played some more but yeah, I dunno.

I haven't had internet or tv at home for the past two weeks and somehow I still managed to find a way to not write anything.

Archived