NPD: El Capistain Strokemon

RoboPimp

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh and i read always about this tap "problem" - i guess it is not a user error or a faulty unit... thats "normal"

Believe it or not, Ethan from Strymon actually informed me that the reason for that design is because that's how the majority of their customers requested it. That's right - people requested the repeats cut out while tapping. :freak::facepalm:

• Members

I really didn't understand why this was a needed feature? When one of my echo units develop a kink in the tape I replace the tape because it's so {censored}ing annoying you want to throw the whole thing out the window. :arg:

yeah, I never got that either. :idk: makes it sound authentic i guess?

• Members

Believe it or not, Ethan from Strymon actually informed me that the reason for that design is because that's how the majority of their customers requested it. That's right - people requested the repeats cut out while tapping.
:freak::facepalm:

A bit off topic, but I don't notice this on the Brigadier. It just makes the whuring time adjustment sound, which makes sense to me

• Members

A bit off topic, but I don't notice this on the Brigadier. It just makes the whuring time adjustment sound, which makes sense to me

I've only played the Brigadier via the Timeline... So I didn't know if the repeats cut out or not on the actual Brigadier unit (just assumed)

Don't get me wrong, it sounds fantastic, but I wouldn't have bought the Brig by itself. The Timeline is perfect because it covers all of my analog, tape, digital, and other crazy delays that are sometimes useful.

• Members

hmm, the DIY delay (PT2399 based) is still holding its own...

the capistan has some strong points for shure. The reverb is even starting to grow on me, it's not the best ever but not too shabby.

the line6 M5 is prob my least favorite of these three if it was JUST a delay modeler

I can't help but let all its other features influence my opinion that in most settings it is easily good enough for my uses.

Archived