I'm sorry but I have to talk about this

Operator

• Members

The scary things is, I think the same way. Some Jack Bauer type {censored}. With that much money being ripped from the corporate mouth someone would pay for the sniper shot. *puts on tin foil*

If RP got elected it's quite probable that it would go down this way. That said, and as much as I like the guy, I'd rather see Paul assassinated because he stood up for his principles than another candidate running on change then turning around and doing the same {censored}. Maybe, maybe, that would wake people up. Plus, as was said, the guy has balls.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i can't believe we're basically all on the same page in a political discussion... aside from Coach telling crohny to GTFO of America...
:lol:

I meant it mostly tongue and cheek, but was also kind of serious. Things are going to happen in the near future. Now isn't the time to be mincing words.

• Members

Habeus corpus was never about citizenship. Declaring an infinite state of undefined global war is such a clever workaround, though.

"No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." --James Madison

"Of all the enemies of public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other." --James Madison

"War is like a big machine that no one really knows how to run and when it gets out of control it ends up destroying the things you thought you were fighting for, and a lot of other things you kinda forgot you had." --Anonymous

"Of the tyrant, spies and informers are the principal instruments. War is his favorite occupation, for the sake of engrossing the attention of the people, and making himself necessary to them as their leader." --Aristotle

• Members

1. Habeas Corpus was reinstated by Hamdi v. Rumsfeld in 2004 which ruled that Habeas Corpus applies to all citizens, even if they are charged as an enemy combatant. Hamdan v. Rumsfeld (2006) and Boumediene v. Bush (2009) have not only upheld this idea, but also have set legal precedent by ruling that CIVILIAN courts are to hear Habeas Corpus cases not the military tribunals established by the Military Commissions Act of 2008. So yeah, a lot slipped by you.

2. If you think the Bill of Rights is a {censored}ing sham then get the {censored} out of this country. That's right. I'm pulling the redneck republican circa '03 card on your ass. People have died to protect those rights and they exist because we {censored}ing say they do and are willing to protect them. If you aren't with us in taking that job seriously, then you are a cancer in our "experiment of democracy" and we'd be better off without you.

When was the last time the bill of rights was fought for? Over 300 years ago to get our independence. Any war or conflict since then has been because of money or oil. It's people like YOU who are a cacer. Too {censored}ign stupid for your own good. If you want to take personal attacks, by all means I am game. You show me one {censored}ing war this country has fought since our independance was taken that had a single thign to do with our bill of rights? Thats {censored}ing fine bro, I'll wait while you scramble to pull up nothing. If you think the bill of rights gives you rights you dont deserve from birth, you're a coward. If i lived in a country that didn't have "freedom of speech" I'd still say as I pleased regardless if it meant death or imprisonment till I died. Take your partriotism and go {censored} yourself. Next you'll tell me that there is honor in being a solider and killing for moronic ideals and goals. You reek of cowardice.

• Members

Anyone check out that show last night about there being doubts that there's any gold in Fort Knox, the U.S. government will not open the vaults to prove it and what the implications that could mean to the world economy if the truth were to be revealed?

Hopefully we've got some gold in there or we're all {censored}ed globally. :facepalm:

• Members

When was the last time the bill of rights was fought for? Over 300 years ago to get our independence. Any war or conflict since then has been because of money or oil. It's people like YOU who are a cacer. Too {censored}ign stupid for your own good. If you want to take personal attacks, by all means I am game. You show me one {censored}ing war this country has fought since our independance was taken that had a single thign to do with our bill of rights? Thats {censored}ing fine bro, I'll wait while you scramble to pull up nothing. If you think the bill of rights gives you rights you dont deserve from birth, you're a coward. If i lived in a country that didn't have "freedom of speech" I'd still say as I pleased regardless if it meant death or imprisonment till I died. Take your partriotism and go {censored} yourself. Next you'll tell me that there is honor in being a solider and killing for moronic ideals and goals. You reek of cowardice.

When was fighting to protect the bill of rights and constitution limited to being a soldier? Hell, I'd argue that the work of soliders since WWII has transgressed the spirit of the constitution more than it has protected and honored it. I'm not going to argue with you, because you've shown your ignorance in a few other OT threads on this forum. You can fancy yourself a scholar, privy to some elite knowledge about how the world actually is, but know that some people take civil liberties really seriously and don't take kindly to people speaking above their pay grade with loose words.

• Members

Anyone check out that show last night about there being doubts that there's any gold in Fort Knox, the U.S. government will not open the vaults to prove it and what the implications that could mean to the world economy if the truth were to be revealed?

Hopefully we've got some gold in there or we're all {censored}ed globally.
:facepalm:

:lol: Gold ain't half your troubles man, {censored} gold

• Members

When was fighting to protect the bill of rights and constitution limited to being a soldier? Hell, I'd argue tat the work of soliders since WWII has transgressed the spirit of the constitution more than it has protected and honored it. I'm not going to argue with you, because you've shown your ignorance in few other OT threads on this forum. You can fancy yourself a scholar, privy to some elite knowledge about how the world actually is, but know that some people take civil liberties really seriously and don't take kindly to people loose with their words talking about these things.

LMFAO. Like I said, you're a coward. I don't give a {censored} what childish belittling you try and throw at me. Fact of the matter is, regardless of what you think a piece of paper says, you're entitled to those rights regardless of your moronic government. That is my point. If you don't understand that or agree, you should probably go run into a brick wall a few times for being such a simpleton. This bill is a perfect example that your civil liberties are a joke and are expendable. To deny this is absurd. I don't protest to have any knowledge that others don't. It's common {censored}ing sense. You don't need a piece of paper that says you deserve these freedoms. Every living creature has a right to have some chance at a life that will not be ruled by some {censored} head. I'm on the same page as you, I'm just not a patriotic moron about it. I see it for what makes sense naturally. Not some artifical bull{censored} that I'm told that I should have these right, but then someone can decide to just take those rights away.

• Members

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The Forefathers believed we had certain rights too starting from birth...and then chose to write them down. So, everyone ok?

• Members

The Forefathers believed we had certain rights too starting from birth...and then chose to write them down. So, everyone ok?

Just for the record, I never said anything about whether rights come from or prior to government. In fact, I never said much of anything. Crohny seems to have said more about my argument than I have.

That said, this is an effects forum. There are many better places to discuss this.

• Members

After a Feinstein amendment, language was added that "nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States."

Read more:

P. 359

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s1253rs/pdf/BILLS-112s1253rs.pdf

• Members

:lol:
Gold ain't half your troubles man, {censored} gold

You're telling me.... Back to the gold, if there's no gold in fort knox that would mean the U.S.'s gold reserve is depleted or none existent. That would mean the U.S. dollar is worthless. That kind of news could send the whole world into anarchy.

• Members

You're telling me.... Back to the gold, if there's no gold in fort knox that would mean the U.S.'s gold reserve is depleted or none existent. That would mean the U.S. dollar is worthless. That kind of news could send the whole world into anarchy.

Backed by the full faith and credit of the USA.

• Members

How does that make the dollar worthless? It's already "worthless". The only thing backing it is the word of the gov't...not gold or silver or rupees.

• Members

That wasn't always the case though, Hux. The US Dollar was backed 1:1 with gold until 1971. Up until that point, we simply agreed that cloth bills would be placeholders for that gold. Now those cloth bills are placeholders for...nothing.

• Members

Just for the record, I never said anything about whether rights come from or prior to government. In fact, I never said much of anything. Crohny seems to have said more about my argument than I have.

That said, this is an effects forum. There are many better places to discuss this.

Sorry your vague patroitic civil liberties talk lends one to believe you're no more than a mongrel dedocated to being more of a {censored} talking turd than some kind of civil liberties defender. Regardless, we are pretty much on the same side, I just don't expect or hope for my government to keep me safe. When I was younger I thought they would, then my brain developed more and I started to want to learn about the world around me. I realized they do more harm than good.

Archived